Winch rope Superwinch EP9

L19MUD

How much synthetic rope at 10mm or 11mm fits on a standard Superwinch Ep9? It seems to come in 30m lengths pre terminated which would be ideal.. If it fits! 

Searched everywhere but can't find the answer. 

This will be for my road truck so 10mm will probably be fine given the occasional use it will probably have.

3 hours ago, steve b said:

30m is the usual length , not sure of best suppliers apart from David Bowyer - there is Bickers Handling and Ruskin Ropes more locally .

The build is looking sweet

Steve

For the occasional use I want a cheap dyneema one from ebay will do. As long as it fits! 

Not far from MOT ready

I'm way too tight to buy Marlow or the Goodwinch ropes for this application! For the competition truck it is different as there is a safety issue to worry about. The application here is pulling the odd dead car out of where it is resting or onto a trailer etc and then self recovery if I make an idiot of myself and get stuck on a field. I really hate wire ropes with a passion so willing to pay to put synthetic on.

Also I like the fact you can get them in different colours :D 

If you winch on one side, 30 m will bunch enormously. The distance to the bars is very little so unless you winch completely straight, it turns messy. Go with 9mm thick if you need 30 m length.

• Like 1