Doors - Anyone got any they can weigh?

Hello all.

I've been getting a bit twitchy about the final weight of the 90 after its rebuild with all the additions. So have any of you out there got the following you can weigh complete (or say if not) it would be a great help! And worth adding to the component weights thread. Thanks in advance!

Front Doors

1. Series door - a message to an ebay seller yielded a guesstimate of 5-10kg, but not sure.  17.5kg  - Glazed top 7.5kg (with 110 door mirror). Bottom with fixtures 10kg
  2. Pre-Puma door - 
  3. Puma Door - I've weighed at 26kg (with manual window, mirror and hinge)

Rear Door

1. Pre 02 (square bottom glass corners) -  17kg with no door card or spare wheel mount - Thanks Giles.
  2. Post 02 (round bottom glass corners) - 23kg door card, glass, rear wiper and brake light but no wheel carrier

Puma rear door with fully fitted with door card, glass, rear wiper and brake light but no wheel carrier is 23kg on bathroom scales.

I do have a brand new set of Puma front doors and rear door which are bare doors but couldn’t get to them to weigh they are trapped behind a load of panels.

2 hours ago, oneandtwo said:

Puma rear door with fully fitted with door card, glass, rear wiper and brake light but no wheel carrier is 23kg on bathroom scales.

I do have a brand new set of Puma front doors and rear door which are bare doors but couldn’t get to them to weigh they are trapped behind a load of panels.

That's great! Thanks Chap :). Front Puma I'm sorted with as i've got one complete door floating about. Will add your number to the top post.

12 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Giles, did yours have the wiper motor etc on it?

Yes - it also features age-related extra lightness in places :)

Although no rear wheel holder, the three holes are covered with a 2mm plate - I'm guesstimating that this amounts to roughly the same...

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, landroversforever said:

I've been getting a bit twitchy about the final weight of the 90 after its rebuild with all the additions

Does this mean that you might not bother fitting any doors to save weight? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, landroversforever said:

I've been getting a bit twitchy about the final weight of the 90 after its rebuild with all the additions.

Out of curiosity what do you think it's going to come in at?...

19 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

Out of curiosity what do you think it's going to come in at?...

I'm not sure if I'm honest! Daan's S3 was I think 1800kg for the IVA... if I get it under 2000kg I'll be really happy. I'm wary that I need to be careful as I'm about 115kg at last count... and the car is max of 2400kg. Add that I've got bits like the massive tyres/wheels at 57kg a corner 5 of them adds up pretty quick (285kg for those that can't be arsed with the mental arithmetic :lol:).

EDIT to add that I'm asking for cash towards a set of corner scales for my birthday later in the month).

Well if you go over 2.2t then a little Welsh company managed to take a long wheel base, add an extra pair of wheels and associated drivetrain and keep it under 2.3t... :P

I took the P38 to the scrappie the bodyshell and chassis went on a trailer with the other bits and bobs on the back of the 6x6. After weighing out I reversed the trailer off the weighbridge and took another reading, with me in the 6x6 (not the lightest) and a bunch of additional stuff in the cab it came in at 2.3t.

Just now, Ed Poore said:

Well if you go over 2.2t then a little Welsh company managed to take a long wheel base, add an extra pair of wheels and associated drivetrain and keep it under 2.3t... :P

I took the P38 to the scrappie the bodyshell and chassis went on a trailer with the other bits and bobs on the back of the 6x6. After weighing out I reversed the trailer off the weighbridge and took another reading, with me in the 6x6 (not the lightest) and a bunch of additional stuff in the cab it came in at 2.3t.

That is amazingly light. Whats the MGW of the 6x6? 

An interesting 3950kg, previous owner had down-plated it to 3.5t on the V5, also another 4t on a trailer.

Weirdly the brochure states a payload of 2t - but admittedly the current engine (LD28) is probably heavier than the original 3.5V8. All I can say is that it will take >3t on the back before the tyres start rubbing on the bed - still plenty of travel in the suspension :whistle:

Here's an identical plate (apart from the VIN obviously)

DSC_8440.jpg?fit=fillmax&dpr=2&auto=form