25th ladoga trophy

Jimmymad99

5 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Uncle Jez ripped through the swamp, uncle Jez had a bad day...

2009-05-31-11h52m42.jpg

And you can't see the other truck in a similar position about 50ft away. Both had to be rolled sideways onto their roofs then back onto their wheels with the winch on a C303 if I remember correctly.

Mike

• Like 1

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sir ☺️

Thankyou all for the recomendations of our diff services, we will be building some rather special units for Mr Panda ..............

He is amongst other things having the rear build into one of our new "Ultimate" pegged casings, I thought the thread might like to see what this is why its so special and hoe jolly excited I am with this new product (yes I am odd and sad :D )

Also persuaded him to throw the rear donut assembly away go for the round puma flange unit and a 200 TDi prop :) lol

enjoy

Might even add some of the build pics soon when done :D

Nige

• Like 3

@Hybrid_From_Hell thank you for all the information and advice with the diff units, really has cleared a lot up for me. 

I can’t help but think I am getting a bit carried away here, but it’s so easy to do. Hopefully should have a pretty capable truck at the end of it all. 

please do post the build pics, I would love to see them! 

2 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sir ☺️

Thankyou all for the recomendations of our diff services, we will be building some rather special units for Mr Panda ..............

He is amongst other things having the rear build into one of our new "Ultimate" pegged casings, I thought the thread might like to see what this is why its so special and hoe jolly excited I am with this new product (yes I am odd and sad :D )

Also persuaded him to throw the rear donut assembly away go for the round puma flange unit and a 200 TDi prop :) lol

enjoy

Might even add some of the build pics soon when done :D

Nige

What's the OD difference between the bearing outer races Nige? 

1 hour ago, PandaSpeedShop said:

@Hybrid_From_Hell thank you for all the information and advice with the diff units, really has cleared a lot up for me. 

I can’t help but think I am getting a bit carried away here, but it’s so easy to do. Hopefully should have a pretty capable truck at the end of it all. 

please do post the build pics, I would love to see them! 

If you build a vehicle for a competition, build it to finish

• Like 3

I drove all on the mudzillas. Jez obviously had the car trailered, but even he has driven in the past with the boggers. They last easily there and back. 

Have you actually entered the event?

Is Jimmymad99 going this year?

Daan

12 minutes ago, PandaSpeedShop said:

Those that drove to the event, did you run your mud tyres all the way there? I wonder if I am going to have to drive there on a/t and carry the mud tyres with me. 

As Daan says, we drove all the way on whatever tyres we were running - Mouse was trailered as far as Finland purely for practicality but still drove in/out of Russia on cut boggers.

First year out I drove there & back in the 109 on 9.00x16 Petlas which were so loud Dirtydiesel thought his Range Rover had developed a technical problem 3 cars back in the convoy :lol:

If you have a tech wagon it may pay to take a suitable extra spare just in case, non-standard sizes can be harder to find abroad as they're verboten in many places in Europe.

I have entered into the adventure class, waiting on a race number and more information from the organisers. I have been talking to the guy running the event. 

I have also got a new credit card coming, hope it’s a water cooled one. Going to get hot with all the spending 😂

Edited by PandaSpeedShop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaSpeedShop said:

I have entered into the adventure class, waiting on a race number and more information from the organisers. I have been talking to the guy running the event. 

I have also got a new credit card coming, hope it’s a water cooled one. Going to get hot with all the spending 😂

Good, and good to hear you have a sense of humour, you will need it!