Warn 8274 fitting

Badger110

Having looked at a Warn 8274, it seems that any pictures I've seen online of them fitted to anything past the rebated grill means that the grill has been cut to accommodate the winch.

To get them fitted to a standard winch bumper will require the grill to be cut to the outline of the winch?

Into a Defender I guess ?

Either you go forward and the rear of the winch sits flush with the rear of the bumper Like this :

D44 Defender High Mount Air Con Bumper - 8274 Standard ...(Thank you Devon4x4) but you loose approch angle

Or you start hacking :

D44 Defender 8274 Competition Mount

Having a Husky on the 110, I'm not too worried about the approach angle

• Like 1

I would think most of the pictures you will have seen the winch will be on an off roader where maximum approach angle is vital therefore the winch will be sitting right back, if your not bothered about approach angle then the winch could be fitted slightly more forward on a winch bumper that will accommodate this alternatively winches like the 9000i will give you equivalent pulling power and be less intrusive on the front. You could however construct a recieving system where winch could be slotted and locked into position at either end and when not in use stored on or in the vehicle regards Stephen

• Like 1

That was my idea, as with the spare mounted at the front, I would probably have it mounted at the rear most of the time and swap over should I need it up front.

This one is up for £800 and I figured that was a good price for a quality unit but looking at it, it's a beast!

9000lb might be a better idea and approach angles aren't an issue until they are ;) 

42 minutes ago, Badger110 said:

9000lb might be a better idea and approach angles aren't an issue until they are ;) 

The low mount winches are not too expensive to pick up second hand and are a doddle to work on, look at how bad the 9000i was I refurbished that cost me nothing but time regards Stephen

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Arjan said:

Into a Defender I guess ?

Either you go forward and the rear of the winch sits flush with the rear of the bumper Like this :

D44 Defender High Mount Air Con Bumper - 8274 Standard ...(Thank you Devon4x4) but you loose approch angle

Or you start hacking :

D44 Defender 8274 Competition Mount

Having a Husky on the 110, I'm not too worried about the approach angle

first picture has aircon, second picture is there competition bumper

13 hours ago, Badger110 said:

That was my idea, as with the spare mounted at the front, I would probably have it mounted at the rear most of the time and swap over should I need it up front.

This one is up for £800 and I figured that was a good price for a quality unit but looking at it, it's a beast!

An 8274 even with synthetic rope is not light, then add your quick mounting that you bolt it to and you then have a very heavy lump to move around/store etc

• Like 1