polybush kits

Hi all , 

I'm getting parts together for a chassis up rebuild on a M reg. 110 csw that will be used for 99% road work and I'm after thoughts on which manufacturer to go for Superpro or Polybush all round , definitely not interested in after market /pattern suppliers and don't really want to get into the age old debate about genuine metalastic vs. poly .

So - experiences on Superpro vs Polybush and what ride spec. (standard springs and shocks) also where to source these from please . 

Thanks

Steve b 

I thought the later genuine LR stuff was all poly ? Im sure I read that somewhere ?

My experience of Polybushes (Orange) is that they seem to wear the metal on all the eyes. Other than that, the ride quality seems fine.

I have had Super pro (NOT Superflex) bushes on non LR vehicles, and IMO they are better quality and come with Stainless sleeves (and silicone grease) rather than the plated steel items supplied by Polybush.......... unless they have changed spec ?

51 minutes ago, steve b said:

cheers Ralph , where did you get your full kit from ? 

Steve

Springs & dampers came from Chris of Surrey off road around 1996, the Superpro bushes I bought from various suppliers & some via ebay sellers I made the set up about a year after my chassis change. 

27 minutes ago, smallfry said:

I thought the later genuine LR stuff was all poly ? Im sure I read that somewhere ?

That's interesting , anyone able to confirm that ? 

I'm erring towards Superpro , I think Richards Chassis use these in the Series chassis bushes too ? 

Steve

I put a set of superpro on mine when I rebuilt it. They worked well but lasted 20k miles before being worn out.

I used orange Polybush on the previous 90 but that was nearly 20 years ago and IIRC were also good but short lived.

Now on genuine rubber, 30k miles in and not requiring replacement yet.

All the genuine I've seen have been rubber not poly.

HTH

Mo

• Like 1

I like SuperPro and have had really good success with them. Also a bit bias being Australian made. 

I also like rubber and actually use a combination of both. I would only use genuine as most AM are junk and unfortunately even some of the genuine.

Panhard rod, chassis end of trailing arm and radius arm (these are improved designs) chassis end of A frame for SuperPro 

I run custom suspension links now, so have genuine Nissan rubber bushes for axle end of both, but had previously run genuine rubber at these points. Though the SuperPro bush at axle end of radius arm is probably more compliant than the factory LR multi shell type. If you have early narrow radius arms I’d give rubber a go at axle end.

I fitted Polybush red on my 90 when I first had it, when I came to do my rebuild around 90k miles later all the bushes were still in excellent condition. I changed them all for brand new Polybush red again and figured I would be good for the next 100k miles

The only ones I replaced in that time before the rebuild were the panhard rod bushes

Bought mine from Adrenalin 4x4 on ebay, quick service and price. Noticed the new rubber bushes that came with the ES9000 shocks are perishing and splitting after less than 6 months front and back, so neeed to order some superpro shock bushes. Backs are easy enough but the fronts are a PITA

Pete