Preparing landy for Billing

Cornish Rattler

19 minutes ago, paime said:

i daren't put snow foam anywhere near my beloved Daisy for fear of the whole vehicle melting away!

I thought it was a bad case of aluminium corrosion !

I do love Limestone !

3 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Have to ask, what are those loops along the waistline on the tub?

For carrying / strapping stuff on the roof, whilst at the show i'm hoping to get an early 2a bonnet as mine as you can see has an S3 bonnet which is not original and with it being a 1970 2a it should have the 2a bonnet fitted as with the Maltease grill but i've not decided on what i'm doing about that as i hate the S3 grill but Maltease grills are to expensive aspecially as they are easy to steal but with the bonnet i will be carrying it home on the roof 🙂

The canvas rope tie down tabs are surprisingly strong, I have used them with lightweight straps to hold a wood wardrobe down on my S1.

It was a little like sailing due to the roll but the wardrobe did not move.

2 hours ago, missingsid said:

The canvas rope tie down tabs are surprisingly strong, I have used them with lightweight straps to hold a wood wardrobe down on my S1.

It was a little like sailing due to the roll but the wardrobe did not move.

Yeah i've never really trusted the spot welded ones as i remember my dad years ago carrying some timber on the roof of his 2a and one let go whilst it was all tied down with thin rope so with all mine i've always used the series style rear ones 🙂

8 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Yeah i've never really trusted the spot welded ones as i remember my dad years ago carrying some timber on the roof of his 2a and one let go whilst it was all tied down with thin rope so with all mine i've always used the series style rear ones 🙂

My rear ones are custom mushroom head fixtures fitted by the previous owner. Are std Series ones the hooks made from thick wire?

6 hours ago, missingsid said:

My rear ones are custom mushroom head fixtures fitted by the previous owner. Are std Series ones the hooks made from thick wire?

I must admit i haven't used these yet so if i get a bonnet at billing they will be getting used for that then after billing i plan to strip all the wood on the front of my garage down to replace the doors with taller doors and mod the front Apex to suit the doors so again the tie down hooks will be used to that as the new timber will be to long to go on the trailer ☹️

• 4 weeks later...