Single car entrants

25 places for UK vehicles

25 places for European vehicles

Venue: Kirton Off Road Centre, Lincs

Dates: 29-30 September

1000 Euro Prize Fund

More details to follow...

entry fee ?

does this mean no interclub event this year?

Entry fee to be be confirmed very shortly.

No Interclub from me, hopefully someone else will take up the gauntlet this year. Bruce Turner from MOC was murmuring about it

Entry fee to be be confirmed very shortly.

No Interclub from me, hopefully someone else will take up the gauntlet this year. Bruce Turner from MOC was murmuring about it

I hope someone takes it on as it was a good event

I nominate James ST as his events are consistently good and very challenging.

Maybe it can be held on a site that has not been previously used a couple of weeks before by one of the competing teams so that they cant hide there punches thus allowing mainly there own team to find them?????? <_<

Maybe it can be held on a site that has not been previously used a couple of weeks before by one of the competing teams so that they cant hide there punches thus allowing mainly there own team to find them?????? <_<

I find the inference that the AWDC in someway cheated to win the Interclub rather insulting.

It was 19 weeks previous that we ran a challenge on the same site, We didn't pick the site the original organiser Nigel Woodhead picked and booked it.

Further, I deliberately allowed each club the opportunity to set out 10 of the 60 punches so there could be no accusation of interference and I especially made sure that the AWDC drivers had no hint from me as to where my 10 punches were.

Still, if JST or anyone else does organise an event this year I'm sure the AWDC will be there to defend their honour.

Perhaps if a British team wins the EuroChallenge they will also be accused of cheating as it will be on 'home ground'.

I find the inference that the AWDC in someway cheated to win the Interclub rather insulting.

It was 19 weeks previous that we ran a challenge on the same site, We didn't pick the site the original organiser Nigel Woodhead picked and booked it.

Further, I deliberately allowed each club the opportunity to set out 10 of the 60 punches so there could be no accusation of interference and I especially made sure that the AWDC drivers had no hint from me as to where my 10 punches were.

Still, if JST or anyone else does organise an event this year I'm sure the AWDC will be there to defend their honour.

Perhaps if a British team wins the EuroChallenge they will also be accused of cheating as it will be on 'home ground'.

I didn't mention the AWDC.

nor did the LR4x4 team cheat, and as the AWDC mob won - I assume that they are meant to of cheated. Even though the team they entered happened to be pretty much the best consistant drivers in the challenge scene for AWDC. I suppose you could call that cheating, putting in a dam good team. Naturally it could of been better with myself and Adrian in the team,,, but hey ho... there loss. :D

Er.. when was I going to here about this one Adrian - -entering us are you... righto . . I better get some brownie points..

we didn't cheat . we did,nt win doah! :lol::lol:

as this event is for uk and european teams does this mean that uk person can enter as european?

Also are the tags going on the passenger side or the left hand side. i know that it is always easier to get a tag when it is on the drivers side than on the passenger side

so if it is on the left hand side the europeans will be cheating by putting the steering wheel on that side :)

Also are the tags going on the passenger side or the left hand side. i know that it is always easier to get a tag when it is on the drivers side than on the passenger side

so if it is on the left hand side the europeans will be cheating by putting the steering wheel on that side :)

That is an interesting question. Perhaps it should be on a string attached to the cente mirror. :)

Chris

as this event is for uk and european teams does this mean that uk person can enter as european?

Now that is a good point <_< as it's easier for the driver to get to the punch some time's than trying to get the biatch in amongst the bush's/ or of the edge of some cliff!!!

It'll save the biatch some running up & down :o ..... hang on a second! :o we can't be having any of that ;):lol::lol: make them work!!!

It's still a good point!!!! which side?????

you go away -- go play in the snow you little bugger... ruddy texting me about being out and about in the snow.. grrrrrrrr...

I hope it snows again tonight as I will be hopefully finishing my motor this eve - so tomorrow I can play...

Adrian - can I borrow the spare rope for the winch just in case I got a little wrong. :D

Now that is a good point <_< as it's easier for the driver to get to the punch some time's than trying to get the biatch in amongst the bush's/ or of the edge of some cliff!!!

It'll save the biatch some running up & down :o ..... hang on second! :o we can't be having any of that ;):lol::lol: make them work!!!

It's still a good point!!!! which side?????

A two day event aimed at the top challenge drivers from across Europe

Single car entrants

25 places for UK vehicles

25 places for European vehicles

Venue: Kirton Off Road Centre, Lincs

Dates: 29-30 September

1000 Euro Prize Fund

More details to follow...

Hi Neil, put us down for a place

i don't know, look what happens to the last organiser ^^^^

i am sure someone would say the site was biased towards......... whoever

But thank you for the votes of confidence Shaun, Neil and Lard.

now if someone had a new suitable unused site.......

certainly thinking about it, but looks like Bruce may be sorting it from Neil comments anyway.

ref the euro challenge cable tie the card to the Transfer lever with some strimmer wire on it to reach across, or make it punch both sides for punch to count.

[quote name='JST' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:32 PM' post='117922'

ref the euro challenge cable tie the card to the Transfer lever with some strimmer wire on it to reach across, or make it punch both sides for punch to count.

And Super glue the gear knob on.

You could ask Lardy , He has his own personal off Road challenge site In Portishead , Ive got some videos of him in action on it somewhere , Must dig them out. :D

I suppose as we are all big happy EU you could enter as any country you like!!!

But why wouldn't you want to be a true Brit?

As for the location of the punch card 'The Punch card will be attached to a consistent point on all vehicles', the punches will be laid out with this in mind. If you want to know what the consistent point will be you'll have to be there :lol:

[quote name='JST' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:32 PM' post='117922'

And Super glue the gear knob on.

You could ask Lardy , He has his own personal off Road challenge site In Portishead , Ive got some videos of him in action on it somewhere , Must dig them out. :D

ur not funny everybody has to start somewhere some at higher levels than others. but at the end of the day we are out there doing it

:lol::lol:

Am also very intrested....

Sounds like fun

PM sent :)

Jim :ph34r:

Jim,

do you remember about 1-2 years ago when I was telling you that you should be organising a British Vs Continent challenge...

You should have listened to me better... :rolleyes:

Or did you just pretend to listen but could not understand my English??? :lol::lol::lol:

Xav.

Jim,

do you remember about 1-2 years ago when I was telling you that you should be organising a British Vs Continent challenge...

You should have listened to me better... :rolleyes:

Or did you just pretend to listen but could not understand my English??? :lol::lol::lol:

Xav.

I think Jim did exactly the right thing....

Wait for some other fool to come along and volunteer !

Now he gets to drive without the hassle of organising :angry:

Did you post the details anywhere else Xavier?

I think Jim did exactly the right thing....

Wait for some other fool to come along and volunteer !

Now he gets to drive without the hassle of organising :angry:

Did you post the details anywhere else Xavier?

Yes, in a sense, he did the right thing to ignore me :lol:

regarding posting on the French forums, just waiting for you to post/send me a bit more details... as people will be asking questions, and if no answer the post will die very quickly...

regarding the challenge style, do think about the off-roading culture.... In France, the use of winch is a big NO-NO, if you HAVE to use to winch to get somewhere, it means that the route is just not suitable for any vehicle. French like driving, not pulling vehicles up a cliff...

There is a very old "culture" of trialling around cones with the co-pilot doing the monkey job of balancing the car. Like the motorbike trialling.

The Land Rover people are not very present in the trial competition scene (vehicles are too big).

The hard events (UK style.. with winches) are just starting to appear.

So if you want the French turning up (should be easy as so close to England), please find the right balance.

cheers

Xavier