OK, whose 6x6 is this?

FridgeFreezer

On 8/4/2022 at 10:23 AM, Maverik said:

image.png.62733e5df8e0872affa3e6bac1946d9d.png

I think the first version does not look too bad, but that extension added on later looks like an afterthought. Anyway, the fact he found a parking space for it in Cambridge is my main surprise. I mean parking this thing anywhere, or things like a ferry, or even a roundabout would make this vehicle a challenge. 

I think I had seen this before, the electric propulsion does ring a bell. Any word of how that worked out?

Daan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

It's the barge from hell ! 👹

It could be improved with plenty of traditional narrow boat "roses and castles" paintings, some buckets painted in the same style on the balcony and maybe a line of washing  hung front to back.

22 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I don't know where you get square door tops that long?

I'm 99% certain the 2nd row doors are shorter than a front door, hence the door tops would be wrong.

Just a guess. I have never had a LR with rear doors, so assumed they were the same length.

Anyway, I AM surprised that no one has mentioned the obvious, in that it should be on a Q plate because of the modified chassis and whatever else.

After all, mention 100 inch, or a coil sprung Series, and people are pulling their hair out !

I find this fascinating. I think the bloke would make a great member here, I'd have loved to see this build on a website that isn't trying to sell me tablets to lengthen things other than my Land Rover or to "try this one weird trick that they don't want you to know".

I digress. I'm really intrigued by the rear extension and how it was meant to ineract with the 110 HiCap trailer. It's also details like going to huge effort of cutting the floor out with mesh (good idea for so many reasons) but to then leave the filler neck in place. I just find it mind bogglnig, I really want to know more about the thought process.

Also, has it been established how that rear extension is held on? The chassis is galvanised and he specifically says there would be no more cutting/welding afterwards, so between that and the fact you can't see any chassis rails or cross member under the mesh, it seems be reliant on the anchoring to the body which might explain it's angle...

I'm way to into this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

Also, has it been established how that rear extension is held on? The chassis is galvanised and he specifically says there would be no more cutting/welding afterwards, so between that and the fact you can't see any chassis rails or cross member under the mesh, it seems be reliant on the anchoring to the body which might explain it's angle...

Didn't the description earlier in the thread say it was some sort of trailer?

2 hours ago, ThreePointFive said:

I find this fascinating. I think the bloke would make a great member here, I'd have loved to see this build on a website that isn't trying to sell me tablets to lengthen things other than my Land Rover or to "try this one weird trick that they don't want you to know".

I digress. I'm really intrigued by the rear extension and how it was meant to ineract with the 110 HiCap trailer. It's also details like going to huge effort of cutting the floor out with mesh (good idea for so many reasons) but to then leave the filler neck in place. I just find it mind bogglnig, I really want to know more about the thought process.

I'm way to into this.

I was thinking maybe he ought to be made aware of this thread....

• Like 2