7/16 UNC bolts

HoSS

35 minutes ago, HoSS said:

Really struggling to find some 7/16 UNC x 8" (190mm) bolts.

Does anyone know of a supplier, or if they have a LR part number?

If you cannot get any you could make some by buying some 7/16 threaded bar available in 36" lengths and welding a 7/16 unc nut onto one end

regards Stephen

10 hours ago, Anderzander said:

8” is the issue - I bet HT up to 5” or 6” would be quite straight forward.

Where are they needed for ? 

Its the body mount bolts for my Volvo C306, they pass though the chassis. And upper end is captive nut so not chance to change for anything else.

how many do you need?  Most places are happy to source whatever you ask for but you might have to order a whole box. 

Oxford Bearings are my usual go-to and they've found me some strange stuff over the years for work. I've dropped an email to my usual contact. 

Another is Spalding Fasteners, usually though Ebay.

Thats a slim bolt for the length ! I have got some 5/8 X 8 inch, but way too thick I guess ?

Another vote for Spalding Fasteners, I used to get oddball stuff from DJ Invicta in Kent. They had a huge stock of imperial stuff, but I don't know if they still do ?

What is the size of those long bolts that go through the top of the rear shocks on a series ? Probably thicker ?

You can get high tensile metric studding, but I dont know about imperial ? However, I dont really like fully threaded bolts for anything other than thin stuff, because of possible fretting.