Clarke Industrial compressor

steve b

Likewise, they were great when I smashed the air filter on mine, so when I was standardising the other compressor, I bought another identical air filter from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to finish this off, the motor arrived within the quoted delivery time and was a straight bolt on and wire up.

Cost just shy of £110 to get to my hands. Great service and value for a 240v 1 hp Industrial motor.

....the compressor is much quieter too......

Steve  

Sealey also stock a very comprehensive range of spares for their kit,  I killed a little  CP1201 drill (don't drive over them, just saying) a couple or three years ago, its guts were fine, but the casing was terminal. Phoned Sealey and parts were dispatched same day.  

These days before I buy anything, I check the availability of spares. No spares backup, no purchase.

Mind you, what really boils my urine is the price of replacement batteries for cordless tools, I have a box full of (admittedly cheap) cordless carp with dead batteries which are just not worth it as new batteries cost significantly more than what the tool cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffR said:

Mind you, what really boils my urine is the price of replacement batteries for cordless tools, I have a box full of (admittedly cheap) cordless carp with dead batteries which are just not worth it as new batteries cost significantly more than what the tool cost.

There's lots of clones on eBay these days for "so-cheap-it-may-be-worth-a-go" prices, although I'd probably keep a fire extinguisher handy near the charger...

Also the 3D printing crowd have REALLY stepped up, you can download battery models for almost everything including adapters to convert any brand to any other brand, and models you can populate with replacement lithium cells etc.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

There's lots of clones on eBay these days for "so-cheap-it-may-be-worth-a-go" prices, although I'd probably keep a fire extinguisher handy near the charger...

Also the 3D printing crowd have REALLY stepped up, you can download battery models for almost everything including adapters to convert any brand to any other brand, and models you can populate with replacement lithium cells etc.

That would require me to be computer literate.... I tend to work on the principle of "if you can't make it fit/fix it by hitting it with increasingly large hammers, its permanently broken".....

I have a small Sealey pressure washer that was made in 1999. Its a heavy thing though, and still works absolutely fine. I like it because it produces really good pressure and volume, and does not fall over when the hoses or power lead are pulled, unlike the DIY type things available now. It has been left outside in the sun and frost several times.

The plastic casing had fallen apart, due to age and UV light I guess. Just before Christmas last year I phoned them, as the model no longer appears on their online spares site, expecting to be laughed at, but no ! New case, new wheels, and a couple of other little bits were no problem. Well impressed !