Newbury sort out 🫤

Newbury 4x4 Land Rover autojumble

Always good - well was ….
This year loads of trade stands selling stuff don’t really need and less proper stands selling stuff owners want gone 😂

And more tractor / vintage / car boot stands making the LR part way smaller prices also were up for buyers and sellers 🤔

Bumped into quite a few who feel same way …..🫤

Bought a few bits and bobs but really could have saved myself the trip and time …..

Anyone else go ? …..

have LRM wounded this event for the future from what is was ? 🙁

2 hours ago, pat_pending said:

Not been for ages, it's just too far with no guarantee of either buying what I'm after or selling enough to be viable after entry/fuel costs are factored in.

The cynic in me also thinks large amounts of the stuff there is from stolen vehicles.

The "new take offs" as was. I have often wondered why a new bulkhead with all the pedals, dash, and wiring loom etc would be taken off, as well as lots of other things.

4 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

And more tractor / vintage / car boot stands making the LR part way smaller prices also were up for buyers and sellers 🤔

I actually thought the opposite!  I was looking for something more likely found in the vintage section - but found it was smaller than previous years.  I guess it depends on your perspective - if I were looking for a LR part, I might have thought the opposite?

There's always a suspicion that many of the parts are stolen - but I didn't 'feel' that so much this time.  There were fewer obviously new or unlikely parts & more oily / rusty old stuff.  But again maybe it's subjective?

• Like 1

I thought there was less vintage tat than last time I was there but by the time I got off the stand to walk round (about 12.30) quite a few traders were already packed up & leaving :o

Always variable though - some years you're after something specific and can't find it for love nor money, next year you go back and find 5 of them all going for a song!

It did feel about 10-20% down on number of stands over some of the previous years though.

Can't complain - arrived with a load of junk to get rid of, sold a reasonable amount, bought some new junk treasure in the afternoon and came home about £150 up on the day.

Just wish I'd managed to shift more big lumps of stuff as I need the space more than I need the cash!

Got a fair amount of heavy metal, for very little money, Some items I was after I did not get, but I saw others carrying them to their car, so they were there, but I missed out!

The amount of traders is growing though, and they are not the reason I am going there.

Didn't get there this time round, spent the entire day planning next weekend's drive project for the parents. Did you go to the first one LRM 'ran' @Hybrid_From_Hell? It looked stuffed until I noticed they'd parked the vehicles / vehicles + trailers in lines parallel to the road ways rather than at 90 Deg like usual. So it was all so spread out and the area by the barn was rammed. Did they do the same this time or had they learned from that mistake? 

I went, as a buyer this time rather than my usual stealth seller plan. Saw Jon's 109 sneaking in at the last minute as we were stood in the queue. Ratio of LR to vintage I thought was ok. E-tickets are a step backwards - took forever to scan whilst the cash line was zipping through. Barn was half empty. Loads of sellers left really early. We found a couple of things first walk round to go back and bid on later, but by 12:30 when we got back the entire stalls had vanished. I think a "can't leave before 2pm" rule would be a good idea.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Newbury 4x4 Land Rover autojumble

Always good - well was ….
This year loads of trade stands selling stuff don’t really need and less proper stands selling stuff owners want gone 😂

Bumped into quite a few who feel same way …..🫤

Bought a few bits and bobs but really could have saved myself the trip and time …..

Anyone else go ? …..

have LRM wounded this event for the future from what is was ? 🙁

I haven't been for a few years now. I'm not building anything LR at the moment, so the need to acquire stuff is not there, plus there's always something else that takes priority happening the same day. 

I do feel that based on history, any magazine getting involved is rarely beneficial for such events.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, henk said:

I agree it was less than other years but first time I saw lots of TD5 ECU's and they ask silly money for diff's

I think I saw you - from afar!  Were you pulling along a yellow cart/trailer/thing?

20 minutes ago, simonr said:

I think I saw you - from afar!  Were you pulling along a yellow cart/trailer/thing?

No that’s Bowy, the ennemy 😳. He is dutch professional trader. Did not see you at all although you are not that small …