Who makes these lights and where can I get em?

BrUcE

Driving, or Fog?

If you use a fog light, and turn the glass upside down, so the flat cut off is at the bottom of the light beam, you can angle the light downwards but still ensure the light doesn't hit the bonnet. The rest of the light will still illuminate the trees, lane edges, etc. You won't have long range, but in the UK you aren't going fast enough to use it. Also you want the light shining down into holes, long range lights merely put the hole in shadow, without showing how deep the hole is.

It's true, I have no experience of roof mounted lights, but I used the same approach when I used a low level mounted Fog light as an (illegal) reversing light, and the upsidedown beam worked very well.

HTH

There was someone selling lamps like those at Billing last year. The place who does millions of odd switches & stuff IIRC who was directly behind us (and more or less next door to Gigglepin).

I think they were only £5 each or so - which is not a lot more than the cost of the bulb!

Si

I don't care I'm very glad there cheap then as I am mostly interested in its looks. Anyone have anymore info on the brand name or want to sell me theres since everyone wants to throw them out? Looking for 6.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they're the same as the ones I have on my cage:

18112006073.jpg

They lasted a day before I cowled them - the glass was bringing light directly into my eyes through internal reflection and the beam lit up the road, the trees, the bonnet, the cage, the dashboard, the wipers, George's lovely smile...

cagelights.jpg

They're the same diameter as heavy-duty plastic drainpipe, the full-round downpipe type, so I drilled three holes and screwed bolts in around the circumference of the light to clamp it. Wasn't sure if it'd work, but they're still there. So I guess that means I ought to tidy them up a bit.

Naah.