New workshop project

Nice project !

May I suggest to include the tube in that new concrete slab for underfloor heating ?

Don't laugh, doesn't cost a lot to put in and if you can use it you never want to go back..

We're in the process of getting all the paperwork done for an "ABRI" about 37 x 6.3 x 4 mtrs. like this I build for the horses (...)

image.png.9686431be95e346ea2e6bc26f5caeafc.png

Once that ABRI is finished, HerLadyShip allows me to build myself a new office and workshop..

Bon Courage !

The additional cost and complexity would be disproportionate, and I would lose some of the very useful roof storage. I’m quite happy without a lift but being able to get two cars in side by side.

These are the plans

82bd3655-ccbe-4786-a278-a9f7d750b724.thumb.jpeg.a1e45831decad3f39e1c2a67d090eff8.jpeg

• Like 2

The lean-to is gone, leaving a nice space for my temporary shed which will be around 3m x 2.5m. This will become the garden shed elsewhere once the main workshop is built, so it will be built to be moveable.

Then I’ll put a replacement lean-to up in this location for storage of various bits and bobs.

064f7e91-1685-4cce-8892-53f0c305fe48.thumb.jpeg.c46145c624fcfb5ea6373668dafce015.jpeg

Good spell of weather today, and the temporary shed is ready for its roof felt, breather membrane and cladding.

I've put a simple flat roof on for now, but when it gets relocated to its permanent position I’ll build a nice pitched roof for it. Likewise the cladding will be recovered bits off the garage as it’s dismantled, and then it’ll get nice new stuff later on.

37289e70-0ea1-451c-9474-06cca766854c.thumb.jpeg.3273a715ef54394fee52c580fcc68324.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice - I have shed envy!

I'm curious if getting 2 vehicles in & still being able to work on them will come to pass - I find no matter what I do there's never enough space as stuff seems to accumulate to fill it :ph34r:

• Like 2

It’s a legitimate concern :lol:

I found I had good space in the last workshop, and this one is more than twice as wide so fingers crossed. Good storage options will also help avoid there being lots of stuff on the floor around the walls I hope.

My main concern is the front-to-back length - 6m sounds long but by the time you have a 110 in there with the back door open it doesn’t leave much. Sadly that’s all I can fit in the space I have so it will have to do.

I'd agree 6m length will be the limiting factor, even a normal saloon car is getting on 5m, so you can't easily have anything in front of it, and you would need to open the door to push it back to get an engine hoist (for example) in front.