Paddocks - Very unhappy

JST

I've had delays from Paddocks myself and only use them if I'm not pushed for time as rtehy are quite cheap.

If I need something and don't know the part number then Ralph usually answers a post on here.

Failing that I use Dingocroft who have a reasonable website, they actually have 2 webshops attached (Part 1 and dingo's own) and they guys in the shop can find you a part number and get the part shipped out to you or in store for collection within a couple of days if they don't already have it.

You can spend a good hour in the shop chatting but it's all good fun.

Again, no connection between us but would recommend them

Interesting topic. During the recent refurbishment of my '94 RRC I have used the internet a lot for ordering parts ~ some of the sites are better than others but you can normally find what you want. I must have spend close on £2k over the last couple of months and, in my experience Paddock have never let me down. Rimmer have a long-winded ordering process but get there eventually. Best for me has been lrseries.com with a user-friendly site, good stock range, prompt delivery and reasonably competitive prices. And the worst? Has to be lrdirect.com where for a £200 order I have waited 3 months and still received nothing despite phone calls, promises etc...be warned!

Raife

i ordered two litres of limestone paint from paddocks a week or so ago.

two litres of bronze green arrived.

i phoned up and fair enough they had a courier (real grumpy tw at banging on my door at 7.15 in the morning, not paddocks fault he was grumpy though) with two pots of new paint at my door the following morning.

i eagerly opened a tin of limestone paint ready to paint my landy only to find it was a dull shade of pukey green.

if you want paint go to a paint shop.

if youy want land rover parts go to a land rover dealership.

if you want poor quality cheap rubbish pattern parts go to a poor quality cheap rubbish pattern parts shop.

The only problem I've had with Paddocks is not answering e-mail queries. I tried a number of times using the sales@ e-mail address and got nowhere. In the end I dug out an old order confirmation e-mail that was from a living person and used the address on there. Whenever I have ordered "stuff" it has (so far) turned up within the amount of time they said it would, and the box contained what I ordered. TBH though, I have not had to call them for "the doo-hickey that attaches to the oojamaflip" - I just use the website and buy branded (that I know and trust) items.

Oh, and like nobber says, if they send a courier to collect something, they come 'kin early!!! :angry:

I've used paddocks mail order service about 10 times or so and never had a problem, every order perfect. I've also popped in 2 or 3 times and had great service.

I do pick and choose a bit though but only as I know they sell too much britpart, I use my local LR parts place for some bits where I want to make sure they aren't britpart

I've stayed loyal to MM4x4 only because I am 5 miles down the road but no real need to mail order. Am I stupid to use MM4x4 for all my bits. Paddocks seem to have alot of problems with mail order just puts me off online ordering.

Nothing better than opening the package in the shop to check if it is the right one.

Ive used paddocks in the past and had no real problem , But I now prefer to support my local independant Spares dealer Christian Autos ,

Ok he is a bit dearer than paddocks but what I would have spent on P&P from Paddocks I save going local .

Pete at Christian has a sence of knowing everything you need by ways of a short description , For example , "pete me swivels on me 90 are knackered "

Before you know it he has everything you need to do the job on the counter .

Service or what . ;)

last time i ordered from paddocks they charged me twice and then it took nearly 3 months to reclaim my £186 which i didnt get back in full as when i finally got the credit note they had taken VAT off the amount they owed me :angry:

i stick with 4x4 Store or Brookwells now

I'm very happy with Paddocks, I order a LOT. Almost all the parts for the cars I sell, and my own cars.

I've never had any problems, they even answer my emails (although it sometimes takes one or two days). Never had any parts missing from an order, and often a few smaller parts like brake drum screws or something are not on the invoice, so for free...

The only time I had to wait for 2 weeks was when I ordered my Nanocom, which wasn't in stock.

Paddocks can be hit and miss, in my experience its usually sending pattern parts by mistake when i ordered genuine/oem but as has been said before its usually a case of a quick phone call and its sorted very fast, I usually order over the phone now and tell them i dont want any britpart bits in the order and they send bearmach or oem, if you order from the site you can guarantee you'll be getting the blue box of kwality :lol:

mike

i ordered a clutch kit from them a few months back. i wanted full clutch, slave cylendar, release bearing and lever. i specifically asked if there was anything i was missing to do a proper job. all arrived promptly, with the exception of the cylendar push rod thing. i had kinda assumed it would be part of the cylendar. i just reused the old one.

years ago i ordered rear +2 shocks for a rangie and got front ones. i recon they thought i'd just keep em and order more. paranoid maybe. fustrated, yes. i'd already cut the old ones off with a gas axe and although it was 'fun' and 'interesting' to drive, i don't recon it was 'safe' or 'legal' until the proper bits turned up later that week.

i'd probably buy off them again, cos they're so sh)t hot when you buy directly over the counter. ;)

Interesting thread.

I've got most of my parts from Paddocks over the years, all off the website, from wheels, lift and body protection to seals. Nothing but fast effective service.

Then I e-mailed them for something that was on their advert, but not on the web. No response. Then I e-mailed them again. No response. Then I called them, and got exactly what I wanted, fuss free and quickly.

So in all I think that my experience is good and I will continue using them.

As for incorrect quotes, fight and fight hard. I have this with supplier sometimes - never back down.

Guest mortus

Paddocks is only just down the road from me, so ive never actually ordered anything over the net or phone.

but i do know that they have a job application for the parts desk helpline

i imagine there last phone man jacked in because they were getting so many complaints!

still if you go to the store theyre knowledgable and you can open your box's to check theyre ok.