Chrome swivels

Daan

I have been trying to get a new set of chrome swivel housings for my landy: no result sofar. They all seem to have gone over to teflon and I have bad experiences with these. Does anyone from the panel know of a supplier who does them in chrome? partno FRC 7065.

Cheers, Daan

Chrome swivels are out of production do to the ban of hexavalent chromium for various reasons (i.e. its bad for you), you may find it easier to search for some good secondhand ones or try new old stock suppliers at sodbury.

Another source might be the ex military disposal yards as they will have parts that were kept in stock for years - there are various companies in this line of business advertising in the Land Rover comics, many also sell on ebay

Hope this helps

Lewis :)

Daan,

I also wanted Chrome swivels for my axle rebuild but ended up using the Teflon variant. …………….. I have given them loads of stick (yes, pun intended :lol: ) and the Teflon is not even marked and seals the EP90 perfectly ……………

Whatever the coating is ……… its certainly very tough ………….

:)

Ian

Chrome swivels are out of production do to the ban of hexavalent chromium for various reasons (i.e. its bad for you), you may find it easier to search for some good secondhand ones or try new old stock suppliers at sodbury.

Another source might be the ex military disposal yards as they will have parts that were kept in stock for years - there are various companies in this line of business advertising in the Land Rover comics, many also sell on ebay

Hope this helps

Lewis :)

I had no luck at the last Sodbury - I was looking too.

Daan, teflon can be very hard to stick to a metallic surface and I doubt pattern manufacturers will get it right. Genuine might well be better but I haven't tried them. White 90's been running them for a while now too IIRC and I think he's been OK.

Daan,

Have you considered getting them recromed?? We get asorted coatings on pump shafts done at work at Dowding and Mills. Think they have brnaches country wide. Would have thought they could recrome them. However they would not be able to grind to a size, being clindrical. However would have thought it wouldn't matter?

Adrian

Has any body tryed LR supermarket in liverpool

they still have them or so the web site says

http://lr.merseyworld.com/

dont know how good they are only just got back into landrovers agn after 5 years :rolleyes:

cheers

Neil

Question is, what brand are they? Genuine? Britpart? etc...

Guess you'd have to phone them up to find out.

• 3 months later...

Interesting as I am just doing mine. One observation I can make regarding the potential for wearing the Teflon balls is the make of swivel seal used. I got some from Paddocks and also had an OE one. The Paddocks ones were very coarse and hard especially around the ball seal. The OE ones have a much finer and softer rubber seal. I suspect that the Paddocks ones (Karsons IIRC) would wear the Teflon off much more.

If you are in Liverpool, give Alan a ring at Overlandrs. He is based in Litherland, and will beat the LR Supermarket prices nine times out of ten, as well as knowing what he is talking about!

I hold my hand up to being a mate of his, but worth contacting him for the price of a phone call.

Overlandrs 0151 476 7002