Who needs articulation?

FridgeFreezer

Holy lack of articulation Batman

Actually thats damn good for a soft-roader IMHO, despite the articulation.

I think the things on the roof are sensors/cameras for a competiton were there is no driver in the vehicle, and its piloted by sensors/software - like the truck in Fridge's other post.

2 min for my download :P

BogBuster. My downloaded 4x4 video collection now fills a DVD (4.5GB) - if you want me to burn you a DVD-R - just flick me a PM with an address.

I'll never look at the Toerag in the same light again! An excellent commentary on the race clicky commentary. Really good article in the New York Times this morning - clicky. Also worth having a geek at the profile of the course clicky course. Testing! The US Congress has set a target of one third of Army vehicles operating in un-manned mode by 2015. Quite bizarre....they'll have unmanned aircraft next!

Neil

The US Congress has set a target of one third of Army vehicles operating in un-manned mode by 2015. Quite bizarre....they'll have unmanned aircraft next.

Neil

They should take a leaf out of the USAF's book. They fly their missions so high, no one would ever know if there's a pilot inside or not!

I'll never look at the Toerag in the same light again! An excellent commentary on the race clicky commentary. Really good article in the New York Times this morning - clicky. Also worth having a geek at the profile of the course clicky course. Testing! The US Congress has set a target of one third of Army vehicles operating in un-manned mode by 2015. Quite bizarre....they'll have unmanned aircraft next.

Neil

They already have unmaned aircraft and have had for several years now. In many ways it is easier flying an unmaned aircraft than driving an unmaned vehicle as there are less obstacles in the air by far to deal with and radar is much easier to use than all sorts of other types of sensor needed on the land vehicle.

I was wandering around an exercise ground a few weeks ago and came across an unmaned tank that was being put through it's motions - pretty mean piece of equipment.

Adam

Also known as UAV's (Unmanned Airbourne Vehicles)

THe USA have been using them to fire off LASER guided bombs and Mavericks against targets in Afghanistan IIRC (think there are still issues on the legalality of engaging an enemy with such tactics) and the UK uses the Galileo Avionica Mirach 100/5 UAV as a target drone, trials platform and other "active" missions which I can't discuss :ph34r:

USA Predator and Hellfire missile:

predator5.jpg

Another:

predator_armed_01.jpg

A bit of LASER guided annilation for you sir?:

mq9_gbu.jpg

They already have unmaned aircraft and have had for several years now. Adam

Perhaps I should have been clearer that I was being ironic - the USAF has had the Predator [as pictured] in service since July 1994, and first in action [in Bosnia] in 1995. Even the RAF has a long history of automation, having flown unmanned, full sized, target aircraft since the late 1940s. If they can automate a plane then a ground based vehicle should be a doddle. [Remember they could easily be driven virtually - good game!].

Neil

IMO Its all when and good to have these electronic aids fitted and working to an off road vehicle but does it take away some of the skill of actually 'driving' a course?

i'm not against these aids as they do help in other situations.

but i like to drive my disco the way i want to and not the way some geeky programmer thinks i should.

electronics?

Pah, it'll never catch on!

clunk