fibreglass bonnets

gelf

does anyone make 2007 defender bonnets in the UK from fibreglass? can find them in Australia, but not here yet.

i don't know of anyone but if your desperate i may be able to help i did the bonnet for petal and could easy mod a standard fiberglass bonnet to 07 style

mike

i don't know of anyone but if your desperate i may be able to help i did the bonnet for petal and could easy mod a standard fiberglass bonnet to 07 style

mike

Same interest here!!! :D

Let me now If you get to making one!

cool, are they the a lot lighter? def 90 ones.

anything would be a lot lighter than the 07MY bonnet!

the weight reminded me of an old bonnet, with a waterlogged foam insulation inside it

definitely not one to be whacked round the back of the head with :o

anything would be a lot lighter than the 07MY bonnet!

the weight reminded me of an old bonnet, with a waterlogged foam insulation inside it

definitely not one to be whacked round the back of the head with :o

I was told at the weekend this is because they're now steel along with the doors :o

I knew the bonnet was steel, I didn't think the doors were but I shall investigate the one at work with a magnet...

Been steel since 02MY (the doors that is) - you can tell at a glance because the back of the door is rounded, rather than the distinctive square cornered steel box that the ally skin was formed over

Been steel since 02MY (the doors that is) - you can tell at a glance because the back of the door is rounded, rather than the distinctive square cornered steel box that the ally skin was formed over

Oops

0/10 for observation for me then :unsure: - I have had 2 Defenders since then and I didn't realise the skin was steel....

There was a guy on ebay selling fibreglass bonnets/panels recently, didnt see 07 bonnets (and he has no adverts on there now) I think he was down in somerset direction, they seemed very reasonable too.

Althernatively, maybe this? Fibreglass bonnet

Also, in November LRW (page 107) is a company advertising a 'B-tec bonnet' which i would imagine is fibreglass, it looks hidious IMO it has a HUGE bulge/air intake in the middle of the bonnet, but it may be to some peoples liking.

I ll try to find some pictures of it (havent got a scanner)

There was a guy doing fibre bonnets a couple of years ago, I remember seeing an ad in TOR and even visiting his website. He made "fastback" back ends as well

David at Llama 4x4 used to do the 'fastback' style rears ends, he had one on ebay a couple of months back IIRC