storage systems

jules

I've been looking for storage drawers for my disco and the RRC and can only find one company that sells them in the UK

I know there not cheap but I can't find any comparison prices

I don't fancy the shipping cost from Aus as there are some nice ones from there

I've been looking for storage drawers for my disco and the RRC and can only find one company that sells them in the UK

I don't fancy the shipping cost from Aus as there are some nice ones from there

I take it you've looked at mobile storage solutions. I guess they fall into the "not cheap" category, though I wouldn't know as I sent them and e-mail about 2 weeks ago for a price and I'm still waiting. :angry:

Having recently become the owner of a store-draw from MSS I can assure you that the quality is second to none. I am immensely pleased with it - every time I open it. :)

I think it was Mr Rolls (of Rolls-Royce) who said that "The quality remains long after the price is forgotten".

Chris

:D Definetly a vote for MSS

I bought their storage chest for back of a 90 and its perfect - i love it to bits and so does everyone that see's it. Little scared by price but would definetly recommend them as best i ever had!

Davie

never had the drawer unit but had the cubby box off them - fantastic quality, not cheap but worth it.

Alternatively why not do as mr moglite with his isuzu and build some to fit (can't find the thread or i'd link it) that looked pretty good to me

I take it you've looked at mobile storage solutions. I guess they fall into the "not cheap" category, though I wouldn't know as I sent them and e-mail about 2 weeks ago for a price and I'm still waiting. :angry:

I have not had a reply from them either but OEC did send me a price showing there kit £500-600 mark

It does look good quality but I would still like a comparison

Is it TBS or somthing did them but I can't find a link..

:lol::lol: joys of being dyslexic :lol::lol:

I will try another search

Found them

this is from TBR

l_36-4009_g.jpg

I think £995 is a little more than I was planning to spend on a set of drawers :blink:

This is more what I was after

Disco%202%20Drawer.jpg

and its been qouted for £536 + vat

Jules as you know i have the mobile storage solutions draws in the back of the 90. I got the main draw from that old disco i bought and then bought the rear one later on . Worth every penny for the trip around aus.

rear.JPG

rearopen.jpg

Jules these ones

l_36-4009_g.jpg

Are outback draws from Aus anyway. They are the same as the nes you saw in that Nissan At Steve Irwins place

Or you could make some yourself

Make your own draws

Just got the prices from MSS.

The price for the Discovery 1 is (deep breath...then say it very quickly) £495 inc vat. :huh:

The price for the Discovery 2 is (deeper breath....and even quicker) £630 inc vat. :o

Ooer. Me thinks some rethinking required on my part.... :(

I've had a MSS store draw for about 7 years now - and if I needed another one, I'd buy one of theirs like a shot. I've loaded it up with 220kg of steel and it still worked (and works) beautifully. When you close it, it has a really nice, satisfying 'clunk'. Expensive? Maybe - but exceptionally good value in my opinion.

Si

Trouble for me is that the MSS drawer would be about 25% of the value of my truck. If I could find something around the £200 mark, I might give it some thought...though I'd probably get an X-Brake first :D

Might be worthwhile talking to Mark(?) at http://www.simmonites.com/

About 2 years ago they were thinking of importing storage systems from South Africa by te container load.

Had a quick look at the Simmonites website but could not see them, but must be worth a phone call

I managed to pick up a second hand set of MSS drawer and locker and am very please with them

Regards

Leeds

I've had a MSS store draw for about 7 years now - and if I needed another one, I'd buy one of theirs like a shot. I've loaded it up with 220kg of steel and it still worked (and works) beautifully. When you close it, it has a really nice, satisfying 'clunk'. Expensive? Maybe - but exceptionally good value in my opinion.

Si

Thanks

Si

I have every intention of moving the tray from car to car over time and I don't mind spending a few quid for quality.

I've always liked Ali's but I didn't know they were the same.

Si

Totally agree

Jim

Some useful links - but damn those catches are expensive

For rails - find someone who works in IT - real IT not desktop PC :rolleyes: and they might be able to lay their hands on some runners from 19" cabinets.

The ones I just got for my co-driver from a Fujitsu PrimePower server, he says are like jewelery they are made so nicely - and he's a watchmaker by trade.

The piccies of my setup are here on LR4x4

Leeds - thanks for the pricing - thats a sensible price ;)

DiscoRyan - yes please to the price list - I've got a vapour build to plan for :ph34r:

Those LineX sprayed drawers are sweet - I hate chequer plate but its what I had !!