Santa's challenge

Chris Abel

Hi, just wondering who's doing it?

my truck will be ready not sure if ill have the brakes sorted out in time but the bodywork will be looking nice and fresh again!

Im a little bit worried about the driving in between sites, the 7.6 ratio axles make it a little slow and the posibility of not stopping is a little scary :lol:

I better get back in the garage and do some more work!

:P ooops lil topic hijack here!!!!

Does anyone know of any events that happen in scotland, preferably within a sensible distance to aberdeenshire.

Looking for something at entry level type stuff that would suit an almost standard 90......front winch,,,,muds,,,,jackable sills so nothing too serious!

Sorry for the lil hijack

Suggested to the Girlfriend it would a great way of me celebrating my little boys first Birthday..............

But you guessed it, Grounded :(

Never let it be said i'm under the thumb :lol:

Sorry chaps but his day is a bit more important, will see you next year :lol:

Jim :)

Ps: Would love to see Chris's car going round Tixover, i think you'll like Edd's rocks :)

Yep! i'm entered, but not in my truck :P Get the brake's fitted :o i'll lend you my wheel's................... for a few punch's ;)

What....you'll have mine totally (was'nt expecting you do do that much :o )finished by then !....so Pigster and yourself can smash it to bit on it's test run...that's good of you :P:P;):lol:

Maybe next year for me ;)

Hi, just wondering who's doing it?

my truck will be ready not sure if ill have the brakes sorted out in time but the bodywork will be looking nice and fresh again!

Im a little bit worried about the driving in between sites, the 7.6 ratio axles make it a little slow and the posibility of not stopping is a little scary :lol:

I better get back in the garage and do some more work!

Dates ??Location etc ?????

Need something to do around X-mas time :D

Hi Josh,

You would be better to go to the start point as I'm not sure Tixover will be used Saturday, plus you get to see all the entries before kick off :P and find out where the venues are for the day. OS Landranger for the area might be a good idea -141 I think. Kick off is at Castle Inn Caldecott near Rockingham :)

Cheers

Steveb

Hi Josh,

You would be better to go to the start point as I'm not sure Tixover will be used Saturday, plus you get to see all the entries before kick off :P and find out where the venues are for the day. OS Landranger for the area might be a good idea -141 I think. Kick off is at Castle Inn Caldecott near Rockingham :)

Cheers

Steveb

thankyou steve i will probably do that

see you all there

watson

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't tell you what the scores were as I was only there saturday but can say that it was 3 venues each day so time at each site probably became a factor for quite a few ;) , I marshalled the special stage at Tixover so was able to see several punchs as well in between each teams arrival . It was good to see people that I've met through this forum , both new and old. I got time to say hello to Tony Baskill and his co-driver after they completed the special, nice blokes and great truck well piloted , Lee Marchant and Adrian T came through the stage like a small tornado :lol: with a very quick clear.

Was nice to meet Chris Abel too , travelling in disguise in Adrian's trayback90.

There were several people there taking photos including everyones favourite offroad photo-journo so there should be plenty of pic's somewhere on t'internet soon .

Good day out , thanks to all involved , competitors and organisers.

Cheers

Steveb

I succeeded in my mission not to come last, coming in 27th out of 31. It was hard work with 265/75 Grizzlys, a lot of the punches were nigh on impossible for us, but very satisfying to get some of the easier ones. Oh yes, and someone (ie. me) fell in the lake trying to secure a ground anchor to the bank at Yarwell :o:rolleyes: . Went straight through the ice and under, couldn't even touch the bottom!! Many thanks to the marshalls for pulling the bobtail out too, I'd still be there now if it wasn't for them.

But I've come to one conclusion : I NEED SIMEXES!!

IMG_0136-1.jpg

The difference between 27th place (me) and 7th (Tony Baskill)

IMG_0138-1.jpg

Nice!!

IMG_0142-1.jpg

We had a small electrical fire before we even got to the first site, got everything sorted by lunch time and had a good afternoon.

then on the way home the throttle cable snapped, no problem we thought.

But unfortunately the cambelt came out in sympathy a couple of miles later. :(

got it all sorted by sunday lunch but decidied it was too late to be worth coming bakk.

When we found out we'd been 12th overnight we were gutted but still got 25th at the end,

roll on ultimate challenge in march!! :rolleyes:

It was good fun this weekend, i was only able to compete thanks to Adrian for lending me his truck :o:D It was really strange doing it in someone else's truck, there's always that thought it the back of your mind (dont futting brake it!) (sorry about the hole in the diff Adrian :( , If only u bolted those portals on :rolleyes: )

Adrian u can borrow my truck any time! :)