4x4Adventures Winch Challenge Event 23 Feb 08

JST

Well, look like i am first back !!

James, can i thank you, a far as i am concerned, and am sure the other competitors, will agree,

A Excellent event, well organised, well marshaled, good show from Anton and OEC, Punches just about right, certainly no easy ones :rolleyes:

Grand event

carp day at the office for me :(

started with a wheel falling off then at punch 9 turned the 90 over :( :(

thanks go to Simon Buck for righting the 90 again

absloutley no damage :)

Special stage was most fun for me, congratulations to

Tim for best time and Steve90 for overall victory

Sorry I couldn't be there today - a couple of my friends were getting married in Wellington today so, really that was more important.

Hope the trophies were OK - Big thanks to Dave Nas90 for sorting them out for us.

Si (speaking from the holiday Inn in Taunton via toughbook!)

i am out today (apparently) and haven't finished checking the scores back against the master expect the top 4 in each class so i will post full results once the whole lot is confirmed.

Thank you to the Marshalls for all your help and glad that those came enjoyed the day and there was enough to keep you all busy - no one got all the punches anyway!

Sorry i didn't catch up with some of you - Jase or Steve i didnt see all day. Sunstrips were there for you too!

Well done to Steve90 modified winner, Treebloke STD+1 winner and the Aldersons for Std winner. Certainly a difficult course in a std car. Not to mention TJ101 and Steve90 for the only two cars to complete SS1 with all 5 CORRECT punches with Tim taking the fastest time (9m30s) bonus points as well.

All competitors will be emailed the results by COP tomorrow.

Finally i take back everything about the Welsh boys not being up on their paperwork having just submitted the whole lot for the year - cheers Steve.

Roll on the next one as they say! - which entry is open for, 28(!) places left!

Brilliant event James.

I Liked the garage sections and all of the punches seemed well marked so it was getting the punch rather than the luck of finding them (I Guess thats why were down in 9th)

Must buy you some moor strimmer cord as you are obviously running out because they are getting shorter.

Congratulations to any one who entered a full bodied car and didn't damage it.

We had an enjoyable day but ripped out the front locker pipe and shredded the fan belt with a branch on our first punch which was in the quarry as you entered the site on the right. ((Page 4 number 2 in the book of excuses)Borrowed from Jim Marsden) So thanks to Uncle Buck for a 5mm push fit and Keith Knight (Big name in the challenge scene) for a fan belt.

We had an enjoyable day but ripped out the front locker pipe .

Hi Bushy,, Think we did the same, ?? too much carp under the front to see, and could not be arsed to dig it out !! will check tomorrow,, Body damage was not too bad,, RH door does not look to good mind !!

And 2 new ropes to be ordered, first time of breaking any !! , Down to Darren, dragging the truck round all day,, But thanks mate, great job done !!

£8 in the local garage pressure washer 30mins in the local ford and the outside is clean

the inside another story

damage limited to a small dent in headlight panel and rope snapped(need to order some 11mm

other issue the clutch is now slipping :( so I'll fix that asap

great event.

Nice pics there Ian , I guess there will be loads more to come , Ive never seen so many people at Mr T`s events with cameras .

We had a few cider stops during the day , First was to repair a broken ARB pipe , we then lost steering a few times , probably down to the slipping belt.

Sustained some damages , o/s wing top and front , bent front bumper and wing bar , bent hi lift , And a flattened bonnet , but that was down to a CDMB

:lol:

A few more........................................

Shaun……………….well hes doing the energetic bit like driving.............. :lol:

med_gallery_269_31_109001.jpg

med_gallery_269_31_103823.jpg

Bob smith ………… I think

med_gallery_269_31_154841.jpg

In you go……………

med_gallery_269_31_59590.jpg

Jase……….

med_gallery_269_31_118261.jpg

Touching the tape, but not a mm over it !............... B)

med_gallery_269_31_140456.jpg

It 3:50 pm, I guess you shouldn’t be here …………… :D

med_gallery_269_31_77475.jpg

Random image……….. I know not who ?

med_gallery_269_31_148698.jpg

:)

Ian

What a top day out- difficult one for us in a standard 90 with full hardtop and no cage... Only damaged an indicator lense as far as I am aware- although I have yet to get all the mud off to have a proper look underneath! We had a thoughly enjoyable time- appart from the truck overheating all day- must get an electric fan sorted dreckly...

A big thank you to James, all the guys at OEC and X-Eng... not forgetting the hard working marshals as well!

Bring on the next one!

Photos being sorted...

Shrek