What engine is this

stobbie

Yes, that's what they told me, but they said its a 3300, and as far as I know that's a six cylinder...What sizes are the four cylinders? Are they any good?

if it is a nissan lump - then it will most likely be the nissan SD25 4 cyl diesel.

2.5l normally aspirated and produces about 80bhp.

Yeah looks like an sd33 nissan 6 cyl used in patrols early eighties, produce about 78kw not the fastest horse in the stable but agood slogger, usually very long lived, you can convert them to a turbo takes it upto arround 100kw , they were able to handle the mod OK unlike the later 4.2 l that had a habit of blowing up if pushed hard when the turbo model was introduced . :rolleyes:

Have a look at the list of Nissan engines on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nissan_engines (scroll down to Diesel Engines).

If it's a 4 cyl 3300 NA diesel could be ED33 or FD33. I know that for FD33 there are (were) adapter plates available for LRs.

OK thanks, I did look on wikipedia but didn't scroll down far enough :huh:

I think its a Diahtasu 2.5 but I need a better pic from the front please

Come on old man :lol:

Fip is on the wrong side of the engine for a diahatsu and the rocker cover is the wrong shape.

As has allready been stated above; it's the 4 pot verion of the sd33 nissan, one glance at the rocker cover should have told you that :P

Not a six cylinder cos it looks nothing like my Patrol engine in the Rangie, neither is it a Daihatsu cos I have one of those as well. Could be a 4 cylinder Nissan Sd out a Cabstar 2488 cc or maybe a 4 cylinder TD series again 2500 cc out of later cabstar ?

It s not one of these though

post-2807-1201284750_thumb.jpg

Come on old man :lol:

Fip is on the wrong side of the engine for a diahatsu and the rocker cover is the wrong shape.

As has allready been stated above; it's the 4 pot verion of the sd33 nissan, one glance at the rocker cover should have told you that :P

Not the 2.8 you pilchard, the 2.5 - look at the filler cap

Not the 2.8 you pilchard, the 2.5 - look at the filler cap

The fip is still on the wrong side and the 2.5's were on a throttle flap in the manifold the throttle cable goes to the pump on the engine shown.

And despite the filler cap the rocker cover's still the wrong shape :blink:

The fip is still on the wrong side and the 2.5's were on a throttle flap in the manifold the throttle cable goes to the pump on the engine shown.

And despite the filler cap the rocker cover's still the wrong shape :blink:

Even though I hate to admit that a fishy, overweight vehicle builder is right and that I am wrong, I have to. I had a peek at the milkmans cabstar this morning :lol: So Dan you are right and I am wrong, but I am more manly and better looking :rolleyes:

Definitely a Nissan, it is identical to the pic of a FD35 fitted to a RR in an article I found in an early LRO, Feb '93 for fellow anoraks :D. While the RR had a FD35T the shape of the rocker cover, injector position & thermostat housing confirm its Nissan ID, not sure if any of this excludes the ED33 which was an indirect injected engine or the FD 33 which was the direct injected version, both 3.3 litres as against the 3.5 of the FD35. HTH

Steve.