Forum Map / Relays / Location Info???

Astro_Al

worried the Mod Possie were going to come a-knocking and bludgeon me with White90's sack of treasure!

It ain't Tueday, so watch it sunshine :rtfm:

What was the general feeling in the A&M forum?

We can't tell you that! Well we could, but then we would have to come round, 'sort you out', have a bundle , show you what the car park looks like when you're upside-down, etc , etc :banned:

MOG.

Guest diesel_jim
Good God. :o

And there I was, worried the Mod Possie were going to come a-knocking and bludgeon me with White90's sack of treasure!

You can't imagine my relief!

Just make sure you sleep with one eye open tonight......

I'm up for it, too, i'm in Swindon, travel around wilts/oxon/gloucester/berks a lot with work so can collect and have a garage i can cannibalise bits off so you blame the seller store stuff in.

Great idea whose time is come :)

I'm in...

Don't know if I'll be of much use though, since I only have a saloon available so nothing too big or oily please, and I don't do many longer journeys, although I do live very near the M62/M1 junction and go to central Leeds and pass by Maplins every day...

So I guess that the following info would be useful:

: LS26

Can relay from/to

: Leeds (Central) (Working days)

: MI Junctions 41 - 47 (Includes M62) (Evenings/weekends only)

: M62 Junctions 28 - 32A (includes M1 and A1) (Evenings/weekends only)

: A1(M) Junction 41 (M62) (Evenings/weekends only)

Limitations

: Saloon car only :o

Additional Info

: I am happy to act as an inter-relay depot, but large/messy components would need to be stored outside. The area is reasonably safe, but anything left would be at owners risk.

TwoSheds

Fine idea, I'm happy to offer what I can

Location - SY10

Travel to Pontefract, Yorkshire a couple of times a month through Manchester and M62. Work takes me around Staffordshire, Shropshire, North Wales, Cheshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgshire and Bedfordshire on a frequent but irregular basis (if that makes sense)

Oh and down to Hampshire along the M40/A34 reasonable often

I'd be limited on size of package, due to car - Fiat Bravo as of next week and since it's new and a company car I better not cover it in oil just yet :rolleyes:

I'm in London N1 and regularly travel down the A24 past Dorking, Horsham etc to Worthing. I also travel up to Northants fairly often and Rotherfield in East Sussex. On rare occasions I am also to be found in Wellington Somerset.

I'm more than happy to assist in a relay. :)

Steve

I would be up for this. I am based in the Wirral and travel to manchester every weekday for work. Have seen loads of stuff go cheap on ebay when it wasn't economicaly viable to pick it up.

Im happy to help, I can cover Lancashire area and maybe pass on to either the scousers ^^^^^^ or Two sheds in Yorkshire, Having said that I may have to pass on any costs with regards to missing hub caps while im meeting the Wirral boys ;););)

Great idea, I'm in.

Phil, What do you drive ? I may have waved at some point as I'm also in Greasby.

I drive a '92 grey disco 200tdi. You may have seen it on axle stands on Abingdon rd (RAF estate). I don't recall ever being waved at(but i'm dosey bugger!).

I think you may live next door to my daughters friends house (up by Lloyd drive ?)

Nice to actually find someone on a Land Rover forum who isn't from the SE!

Not actually driving the Disco at the mo, having to use my wifes Focus as I'm commuting to Manchester every day - the diesel was costing a fourtune and 2000 miles/month + 16 yr old Disco = FAIL!

hi there seem to be a few people cropping up on the wirral, I live in aigburth at the mo but am moving over the water in the next few months, rob you should see some of the kids where i am now... they can change wheels faster than an F1 pit crew :lol:

mike

:P:P:P

hi there seem to be a few people cropping up on the wirral, I live in aigburth at the mo but am moving over the water in the next few months, rob you should see some of the kids where i am now... they can change wheels faster than an F1 pit crew laugh.gif

mike

Tell me about it. I take it you are from the L8 end of Aigburth ? I used to live in Toxteth(mum and dad still live there) (by Lodge Lane), its not that long since they stopped burning cars out at the end of my parents road.

Tell me about it. I take it you are from the L8 end of Aigburth ? I used to live in Toxteth(mum and dad still live there) (by Lodge Lane), its not that long since they stopped burning cars out at the end of my parents road.

Why is it full now? ;)

I originally come from Huyton/Prescott L35....

But back on topic for a moment:

The idea of actually taking something somewhere might also be helped by perhaps being willing to drop off at a courier depot perhaps? Ebay sellers can be a bit tricky to sort that kind fo thing out, but if it is a case of collect then drop at DHL or whatever to get there that might also be an option.

S

OK, so along the lines of 2 sheds:

OX14

Traveling to:

Running South along the A34 and M3. Regularly running down towards Basingstoke, Winchester, Southampton, occasionally Pompy. I also run down the M4 occasionally too.

You'll also find me at pretty much all of the Shire LRC events / socials so can collect, deliver or relay that way too.

Happy to carry:

Preferably small stuff as the daily driver's a Lotus but I can get hold of 110 plus trailer if you ask nicely :P

Other notes:

I also do a good line in collecting parts from Frogs Island 4x4 so if you don't want to pay shipping then give me a shout.

Interesting Will. Good start.

Is it possible to zoom in? Otherwise there are going to be too many blue blobs if it gets used properly. Maybe I missed the button to zoom?

People coud write their travel/range details in the pop up box.

Can we have any input from the Mods on whether they are considering something or what is going on behind the scenes (apart from the erecting of a scaffold with my name on it)?

Oh, um... and er... while I'm here - anyone coming South from sheffield in the near future? I need to get something shifted!

Cheers, Al.

:)