SVA result from today

filthy boy

Well, took the buggy for its SVA this morning.

Here's a picture.

04032008503.jpg

100_0863.jpg

And guess what happened?????

IT PASSED FIRST TIME!

Hehehehe.

And then to make the day even better the new wheels arrived

26032008548.jpg

And to let everyone know what is inside them

26032008549.jpg

Big thanks to our sponsors at Staun.

Tim

That looks really good. Well done on the pass.

Were there any issues about the lighting? I can't remember the measurments but the head lights and front indicators look quite far from the edges of the vehicle and quite high up.

The height is not an issue in the regs. The distance in for the lights is 400mm (I think) from the outside edge of the vehicle. Crucially this excludes cycle mudguards so it is only measured to edge of the cab in our case.

I am only just getting over the shock of passing! :rolleyes:

Ahh, I see. When I did my 6x6 I didn't have any front body work to fix lights to as it was a long narrow bonnet and radiator grille with cycle wings fitted to the swivels. I had to measure to the edge of the cab to work out how long the headlight arms needed to be to keep it legal. I was never sure about the indicators as mine were fitted to the bulkhead near the door mirrors. They were fine for height and distance from the edge but there was nothing about how far from the front of the vehicle.

What tests did they do for sharp edges?

My understanding is the 2.5mm rad on anything they can touch with the test sphere but in the case of a 4x4 type vehicle they could crawl around underneath finding sharp edges on all manner of engine and tranny machinings.

Steve

What tests did they do for sharp edges?

My understanding is the 2.5mm rad on anything they can touch with the test sphere but in the case of a 4x4 type vehicle they could crawl around underneath finding sharp edges on all manner of engine and tranny machinings.

Steve

Thats why it is built with tube!

Seriously, the way the interior is laid out the entire dash / box bit with guages lies outside the area to be tested, it is low relative to the seat base. Having said which it is all pretty compliant inside.

They only test things that a pedestrians leg could make contact with, essentially 70 degrees to about knee height.

Underneath has no interest for them in this sense.

They only test things that a pedestrians leg could make contact with, essentially 70 degrees to about knee height.

Underneath has no interest for them in this sense.

I guess once the pedestrian is underneath, sharp edges are the least of their worries. :lol:

Tim, you must be a very happy man. I've got this 'fun' to look forward to. Out of interest, how did you find it regarding the 2.8? I'd assumed it might make things a little awkward as the engine was never fitted to a vehicle sold in the EU and is only Euro III complient.

Congrats again! B)

Tim, you must be a very happy man. I've got this 'fun' to look forward to. Out of interest, how did you find it regarding the 2.8? I'd assumed it might make things a little awkward as the engine was never fitted to a vehicle sold in the EU and is only Euro III complient.

Congrats again! B)

Will

Thanks.

The engine will sail through (not sure about your welding though!!) :ph34r:

They test the emissions and we scored 0.87 brand new and cold. Fail would be over 3.0. As an amateur build you don't need a cat.

Have to say the whole experience was really good. Go with the right attitude and something well built and they seem to be extremely helpful. Our brakes are so new they wouldn't lock on a drive by test but they were understanding of this. It was funny hearing them talk about the "muppets" and "weekend warriors" that turn up with some real rubbish having never read the manual.

Tim