forum competition

watson

ok so we have had whos got the biggest dent in there chassis cross member competition so i thouhgt we should do a "whos got there truck the muddiest" and "whos got stuck the worst"

so people can add ther photos for both copmpetitions then we need judges

there will be no prizes apart from being known as the muddy landrover on the web

any ideas how to improve this please say

young bobtail rhys is our judge

cheers rhys

watson

ok so we have had whos got the biggest dent in there chassis cross member competition so i thouhgt we should do a "whos got there truck the muddiest" and "whos got stuck the worst"

so people can add ther photos for both copmpetitions then we need judges

there will be no prizes apart from being known as the muddy landrover on the web

watson

any ideas how to improve this please say

Yes you ask for a couple or three judges

and you as the competition starter need to supply a prize.

end date also.

I'd like to update my stuck pic. Again I cant findt he one I'm after but this was almost as bad. Doesnt look much but It was a trap set by a quarry owner. Apparently anyone who's been found in it the morning had their truck put in a skip by the owner :-S

Anyway. First we tried driving out with a couple of people lifting and pushing, no joy, then a 300tdi defender came by and helped, We had a rop going to the tarmac road and with him pulling and all 4 wheel spinning and about 10 men on my landrover lifting and pushing still couldnt do it. then one of they guys went and got his recovery truck with a winch on the back, Finally the combination of winch and 10 guys we managed to get it out.

The worst time was the same kind of thing but way off road with my nose in a ditch with 1 meter deep mud at the bottom. But this timet he back wheels were down the side of the ditch too meaning that any puling done fromt he flat put all the energy right into the bank!! So no one could pull me out all day untill I managed to get a JCB along (who got stuck on his way to me and had to dig himself out) Then he got to me, couldnt pull me, then I said put your shovel up and pull me up and back instead of just back and that worked, just!!!

post-7320-1207475159_thumb.jpg

Morning Watson,

...Still suffering from mud withdrawal syndrome then :P

I'd like to nominate this from last year's Ladoga, I think its Old Spot, for the most stuck

Cheers

Steveb

This one gets my most stuck vote. I'll just get the horse!

showroom condition in comparison to:

That was me at the Tay forest challenge last year........ :lol: Tell a lie, no it was not it was me at the 4x4 Adventures event in Feb this year......I must be getting old

After most events i scrap up one maybe two wheel barrows of mud when i clean the car.............

After that event i level filled 4 big barrows with mud..........Boy oh boy it was minging

Jim :)

Guest WALFY
Thats the pic of Jims truck i was about to submit! certainyl muddiest without getting stuck!

I didn't think you'd be posting a pic of yours James but I had to check. :P

Here's my old 6x6 playing at Bovington Army Training ground during a AWDC Heavies Trial. It was still moving and I was very wet inside.

Oh, and it wasn't water, it was very wet sand I was driving through. It eventually destroyed the front crankshaft seal and a front stub axle seal leading to me loosing a wheel on the drive home. The steerign felt wobbly and when I stoped to jack it up to check the wheel just fell off. The bearing had disintegrated adn it was running on the drive shaft until it friction welded itself to the stub axle and the wheel hub sheared off.

post-6454-1207508699_thumb.jpg

only got one decent photo of me stuck, and its also my stupid stuck picture too......

5 minutes after getting on site, the marshal got wedged in a gully and called me over to help him out.

"just pop down that track and across the stream and pull me out forwards mate"

"no probs, is it steep or deep?"

"narr, standard disco will drive across that"

slide down the 30deg hill into the gulley and BANG... hmmmm

that'll teach me to not get out and look first and believe what a marshal says in future!!!!

i coudnt get to my winch, as it was totally buried under rocky clay and i had no shovel. And the guy behind me had to double line me out after tying himself off to a ground achor - as he kept slipping down the slope towards me...

post-2947-1207560660_thumb.jpg