Tyres for Defender 110-Which Measure?

Welcome!

What sort of tyres do you want? On road/ all terrain / off road/ extreme off road?

The stnadard size for a 110 is 235 x 85. You can get 255 x 85 to fit with no mods but you will need the right rims (wolfs are good) and you will need to adjust your steering stops.

Check the tech archive for details on what oils to use.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome, i am running 265/75/16 on my 110 van on standard suspension with no problems at all. And the rims im running them on are black modulars, i have not had to adjust the steering locks either.

Hi and welcome, i am running 265/75/16 on my 110 van on standard suspension with no problems at all. And the rims im running them on are black modulars, i have not had to adjust the steering locks either.

sorry to jump in. Are yours 7 or 8J?

you should fit the same diameter sized tyres all round, you could fit wider tyres on the rear i suppose....

110 std is 7.50 or 235/85R16

BFG MT are good for mud driving and general off road

BFG ATs are good for on road and gentle off road.

Welcome!

What sort of tyres do you want? On road/ all terrain / off road/ extreme off road?

The stnadard size for a 110 is 235 x 85. You can get 255 x 85 to fit with no mods but you will need the right rims (wolfs are good) and you will need to adjust your steering stops.

Check the tech archive for details on what oils to use.

Good luck!

I have 285x75x16 on my 110 on Boost wheels and no lift.

CIMG0023.sized.jpg

Since I bought the truck I havent tried it offroad but I guess I am going to foul various bits of bodywork. The stops have been adjusted and my lock is similar to that of a supertanker now. Turning around in a road is similar to that Austin Powers scene (20 point turn).

I guess at some point I will get a 2" lift which should fix the body mashing potential but without a change of wheels I guess I am stuck with a container ship turning circle.

Does anyone have any pictures of a Defender with 255/85/16 tyres fitted?

Ben