FREE BEER!!!

bishbosh

Here's the deal.

I'll provide beer, pizza & jaffa cakes if you provide your good humour and engine / axle / gearbox transplant skills at my house this weekend. :)

Planning on starting Friday PM and going until I drop so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's the bank holiday weekend, but what better excuse to escape the in / outlaw visits? :lol:

So whaddya reckon? :unsure:

For all of you that are disappointed you can't make it this weekend - never fear - I am sure I'll still be at it next weekend!!

Jez old boy, I think your needs are slightly more pressing than most :) I do realise my mistake though - should have offered hobnobs!! :lol:

Will, if you are writing about interlectual property may I suggest the spell checker before you print...? :P:P

Guest WALFY

As above Drinking Stumpys beer this weekend and an engine out job to do on the sun. Pos avail the following weekend if you need help then Bish

Will, if you are writing about interlectual property may I suggest the spell checker before you print...? :P:P

:lol::lol::lol: The combination of terrible typing skills, poor spelling and no spell checker. At least Word has one of those.....

I know I should probably copy and paste posts into word (I normally do for long ones) but I normally don't for short ones....

Guest WALFY
:lol::lol::lol: The combination of terrible typing skills, poor spelling and no spell checker. At least Word has one of those.....

I know I should probably copy and paste posts into word (I normally do for long ones) but I normally don't for short ones....

Or just learn to spell :P:P

It is well know engineers can't spell but we do use Google rather a lot.

If you download the Google toolbar it will sit at the top of this screen and is instantly ready to just type in what you want to search for. More importantly the bar includes a spell checker which works on anything you are typing into forums etc.

Firefox web browser also has a built in spell checker which highlights words as you type in the same way word does.

Bizarly just found that the Firefox spell checker does not recognise Firefox as a valid word.

Steve

Well I offered when you got the new toy, it still stands... just WHEN I am not sure about yet, I have an engine conversion to finish with a mate (yes the one with a Rocsta before you laugh.... but it should go better with a 2.0 DOHC 16V engine in it ;) )

I'll drop you a PM when I know more, probably after this evening!

Oh, and I still have my swivels/CVs to do... assuming they arrive.... :angry:

Sorry Bish....

I've been signed up for other stuff this weekend already. Maybe with a bit more notice I could have done something, but already got quite a bit on (Auverland to finish, trailer to tidy, wife to appease... ;) )

Matt

Well I offered when you got the new toy, it still stands... just WHEN I am not sure about yet, I have an engine conversion to finish with a mate (yes the one with a Rocsta before you laugh.... but it should go better with a 2.0 DOHC 16V engine in it ;) )

I'll drop you a PM when I know more, probably after this evening!

Oh, and I still have my swivels/CVs to do... assuming they arrive.... :angry:

Not that maroon hardtop I see coming up Puriton Hill some monings

Not that maroon hardtop I see coming up Puriton Hill some monings

HAHAHA.... erm.... YES! He works at Gerber :) You could say it is a 'striking' vehicle, yeah? :D

I know it's not LR, but I'll post a few pics when it's done, in 'members vehicles', just for a giggle :)

Well, the end of day 2 has arrived:

Drive train is out of the RR:

post-121-1209932993_thumb.jpg

and I have a new garden ornament: :rolleyes:

post-121-1209932941_thumb.jpg

The inside's not quite as it was either.... :unsure::blink:

post-121-1209932962_thumb.jpg

post-121-1209933008_thumb.jpg

I would like to say a very big thank you to Pete - Bowie69 for being seduced by the lure of Jaffa Cakes and helping me hugely today. Couldn't have done it without you mate! :i-m_so_happy: However, I think you need to work on your Jaffa Cake consumption. I could only score you a 5 out of 10. Must try harder!! :lol::lol:

Tomorrow I shall hopefully get the axles out from under her and the winch tray and fuel tank out. Then she's off to the scrappy. :(

I would like to say a very big thank you to Pete - Bowie69 for being seduced by the lure of Jaffa Cakes and helping me hugely today. Couldn't have done it without you mate! :i-m_so_happy: However, I think you need to work on your Jaffa Cake consumption. I could only score you a 5 out of 10. Must try harder!! :lol::lol:

No probs, it fitted in well with my weekend, so alls good :)

Oh and too much sugar makes me sleepy, that's my excuse and I am sticking with it!

Day three is over and I am absolutely shattered.

The RR is now ready to met her maker:

post-121-1210019083_thumb.jpg

post-121-1210019112_thumb.jpg

and the garage is looking a bit full as I was hoping to fit the 90 in there.... :lol::lol:

post-121-1210019130_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I'll move the axles out into the garden and sell the seats etc......

In the mean time, I'm going to lie down :blink: