Sorry another Polybush thread

I dont want to start the debate again of are they worth it or not/do they work etc.

I AM getting a set fitted. However, I'm pretty sure my garage recommended the orange set, but I cant seem to find an orange set for a 300tdi 1995MY?

The polybush website says that orange are only for leaf springs.

Would red be the best bet then?

Where is the best place to get a set from? Devon4x4's website has them for £116, but when I called them, they said they were £149.

I dont want to order from Polybush directly, as they have all sorts of - "chassis numbers up to this, buy this & add this; chassis numbers after this, buy this, add that & minus these."

Just want to be able to order online or mail order, a complete set of whatever I need, and be done!

Cheers in advance

Martin

I've never heard of any one question the ability or wear rates of Super Pro. Not true of other polyurethane makes.

Only personal experience I have of them is on QT HD rear radius arms and they have performed well and no wear in 2 and a bit years. The chassis end bushes take a fair bit of abuse in this position so it so far so good.

I bought a set of SuperPro for the 90 that are waiting to go on.

Steve

Yup, I know Deflex aint good.....

Not heard anything about Superpro, but they seem a bit dearer than Poly......might give Anton a ring tomorrow & talk to him. It is an option I will certainly consider.

Ralph, I know opinion is divided on the subject of bushes, but I am going to change mine anyway.....cant do any harm can it? If there is no noticable difference when done, then I have wasted my money, but if they are good?......only one way for me to find out!!!

I'm not overly concerned about wear rates, as my vehicle does not get serious abuse (just gentle laning & occasional play days) more interested to see if the vehicle feels more "crisp" to drive etc afterwards........consider this an experiment!

Martin

My 2c worth:

We have removed OME bushes from Defenders where the chassis has cracked and refitted standard rubber bushes

I have Suprerpro bushes fitted looooooooooooonng ago and they still feel fine. Not the cheapest though, but they last.

I would avoid the hard bushes of any make if you drive on bad roads or tracks as I do. Maybe they are ok on the M25, but will break your chassis in Africa. And possibly your teeth, as well :)

I bought orange Polybush as well, its their mid stiffness bush.

transformed the vehicles ride on road and not noticed any real difference offroad, so they aint so stiff as to knock yer teeth out!

i would recommend you dont replace the shock bushes with poly though. If they are knackered, replace them with standard rubber bushes, as i have been told by a few people that polyurethane bushes are way too hard for shocks and can cause the eyes to fracture and break.

I dont want to start the debate again of are they worth it or not/do they work etc

Fine, fit away, its your money your wasting :lol:

These are off mine, less than 12 months, used genuine polybush :(

post-22-1210752740_thumb.jpg

Back to Genuines LR stuff for me, and many I know have had the same probs

Nige

Super Pro are the only polyurethane bush to use, IMO, and are superior in most chassis/suspension positions to OE.

hi,

fitted a complete set of orange flo-flex about 18months ago only cost £70 squid,havent missed a beat yet! well pleased :-)

cheers

steve....

<mod hat on>

The original post said I dont want to start the debate again of are they worth it or not/do they work etc. so lets stick to answering his question.

</mod hat off>

....and anytime now, someone will!

Tried Gigglepin, cant find owt on the website.

So, to clarify....I DONT want to know about wear rates! I DONT want to know your opinion on Poly vs OE! I DONT need to be told that Deflex are rubbish!

I DO want to know where I can get Orange polybushes online or mail order & from whom!

Dont mean to sound snotty BTW

....and anytime now, someone will!

Tried Gigglepin, cant find owt on the website.

I DO want to know where I can get Orange polybushes online or mail order & from whom!

Dont mean to sound snotty BTW

Jim.

Call him....