Tilts/Hoods

I got one from AWT last year and it is utter rubbish. Canvas is good quality but thats where it ends.

It's too small, straps were wrong and buckles sewn in wrong places. Can't roll the rear flap up, and I nearly froze to death on a trip through France in December as the fit was so poor.

Oh, and both rear rope hooks to secure the rear flap litteraly came off in my hand the first time I used them.

My old ex mod soft top was far superior even in its tatty state. I'll have to get another this year and will probably try exmoor or see if I can get another genuine one.

I'm more than willing to accept that mine may well be a freak one-off and no doubt they will have many satisfied customers -

All I can do is pass on my own experience.

I was particularly miffed when I called to explain that there was a half inch gap to the body all round, the front of the hood wouldn't reach the screen rail, the rear straps were a good 6" too short, and the buckles to secure the rear flap rolled up had been sewn on 12" deep on the roof so those straps didnt reach either - and wasn't believed and was accused of shrinking it, told I probably needed to buy a new, improved screen rail (off them) and to send in photos as there was no way they could possibly have produced a poor hood.

To be fair, after a bit of to and fro and sending in photos they did arrange for a courier to pick the hood up so they could fit longer straps (which still wouldn't have resolved the problem of it being just too small, buckles in wrong places etc etc) but the courier came while I was out and that was that.

Appologies for adding a rant to the thread, but thought it fair to qualify my earlier statement as it's a business involved, and as said, perhaps mine was a 'Friday' hood.

Personally I would only ever buy from Exmoor Trim unless money was very tight (then I'd rather put the hard top on, instead of buying a canvas from ***docks!).

The fit and quality is excellent. The cheaper canvas shrinks/expands more, so the fit changes depending on the weather. The stuff Exmoor now use has, I believe, only a few percent shrinkage. The one I had previously had a two-inch gap at the back above the tailgate at first!

My hood from exmore trim has a two inch gap between the tailgate and canvas. I have to put all my weight on it to pull it down and fasten it up quick! its only 3 years old as well...

I have had 4 90 soft tops in my time and the ones before the one i have now, have had canvas tops and all of them shrinked and ended up the same with, the gap above the rear tailgate

And i have given my roof some carp and some heat in the desserts of Aus

PICT0111.JPG

The military hood that ws on my 90 when it was cast was superb - I've had it for five years now, not sure when the army fitted it before that - no shrinkage at all and extremely good quality. Wonder who makes them??

I have been looking to convert my D90 hardtop across to canvas, but the hood sticks and rails seem so expensive compared to Series. Anyone know a source of cheaper sticks and rails?

Also, anyone fitted the All Wheel Trim roll bar?

Nigel

I have been looking to convert my D90 hardtop across to canvas, but the hood sticks and rails seem so expensive compared to Series. Anyone know a source of cheaper sticks and rails?

Also, anyone fitted the All Wheel Trim roll bar?

Nigel

Which roll bar from All wheel trim are you talking about. I have one that is the same as there's. Which is a Army style protection bar, would not really call it a roll bar. :)

Here is pics of my roll bar

PICT0483.JPG

PICT0493.JPG

Which roll bar from All wheel trim are you talking about. I have one that is the same as there's. Which is a Army style protection bar, would not really call it a roll bar. :)

Here is pics of my roll bar

PICT0483.JPG

PICT0493.JPG

The one on their website that is priced at 257pds or 277pds depending on which page you look. It does look like the one you have.

Nigel

im also going soft top on my 90, theres another way to mount the seatbelts apart from a roll hoop. i recently bought one of these, i only payed £75 for it but seems to have gone up in the last week or so.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Belt-Mounting-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

ive had several series soft tops, and in the past i have used all wheel trim, but this time i have a full tilt from Exmore that i got second hand, i just need the sticks and im sorted.

ill probley get a bikini top for the summer as found them perfect in the past

• 5 years later...

All wheel trim should get a new website, that one looks like it was designed as a school project

I know what I'm looking for but can I work a price out, can I

They should put the cost next to a picture of the vehicle rather than everything separate

I'm looking for a 90 truck cab conversion with a black mohair roof and tonneau cover