Anyone used these?

white90

Tony,

Not tried them personally, but I seem to recall seeing prices quoted somewhere that showed that once you'd taken carriage into account they actually worked out more expensive than BOC.

Bear in mind also these are smaller bottles filled to lower pressure than the BOC ones.

Jon

How can it work out at more than £200 a year for the priveledge of keeping the cylinder in the shed whether you use it or not! Seems like a great idea for those of us who do occaisional intensive jobs on our trucks (where disposables are just not an option) followed by months or years of almost nothing at all other than small jobs here and there. Worth paying a bit more for IMHO in order to save on the standing charge

Would be very interested if someone has some prices

Mark

Air products are much cheaper than BOC, as are Air Liquide and Energas, if you live in the right area.

9.4L at what pressure?

Air products rental costs are stupidly high.

I use energas now £38 a refill but no rental as i found :rolleyes: a couple of bottles and swap them at a local engineers.

Air products rental costs are stupidly high.

I use energas now £38 a refill but no rental as i found :rolleyes: a couple of bottles and swap them at a local engineers.

I'm with Energas currently, in Sheffield. I'm moving to near Stoke soon, and have been quoted;

Coogar 5 X10s (2.16m3) £17.41

Rental @23p per day Collection £12.62.

Coogar 5 X30s (6.49m3) £26.57

Coogar 5 X47s (10.22 m3) £14.00

That sort of discount on a big bottle makes it worth buying a few extra metres of hose :)

I could still do with 'finding' a spare bottle though :D

I shall be looking for an rent-free alternative to my BOC bottle as soon as the d-lander is finished, i simply cannot justify the paying rental for occasional use.

is the following any use?

We are independent & supply mainly 10L (X size) Argon mix & pure Argon through stockists in Swindon, Andover, Portsmouth, Herefordshire & Manchester.

We are also working towards having agents in Basingstoke, Redditch & Ebbw Vale at present.

We supply our own customers in Gloucestershire with 10L & 20L Argon mix, Pure Argon, OFN, Helium (& Oxy/acetylene in 10L)

The upfront cylinder usage for a Three year contract 10L is £39.99+Vat which equates to £1.11 PER MONTH.

With the inert gases: To encourage safe use and return there is a £25.00 refundable deposit (or £65.00 for Oxy & Acet)

Refills list from £22.50 (Argon mix) but may be negotiable for forum folk & regulars. There is enough info to start our own site so I will stop there and invite PM from those who may be interested.

I picked up this today;

03072008123.jpg

£25 delivered from a guy getting rid of all his welding gear (and there sounds like there is a lot). I can have it exchanged for free without any problems either. I'm also taking delivery of a small portable bottle this weekend in lieu of payment for some work i've been doing, ts an old CO pub gas bottle thats had the filler changed and refilled with COOGAR.

Need to get a longer pipe from the welder to the bottle now though.

Guest noggy

weve got 2 unused oxygen bottles round the back :ph34r:

we are with BOC and and have 2 of the large sized oxygen and propane bottles and a half size argoshield bottle.

im very interested to see i can actually get it cheaper...

<cough>

Ebay have argosheild bottles appear for sale alegedly :lol:

Then either (hypothetically) find someone with the same size bottles, or have an account but amazingly always return the old ones 100% empty

Or Both :)

So I am told

:ph34r:

BOC Pressures of full contents hugely exceed what you are considering :( so you'll get a huge amount less contents :(

Nige

If you're decanting from cylinder to cylinder you will only ever get half the pressure of the original unless you use a booster pump, which are quite pricey. I'm a diver and we have been wrestling with this this one for years when getting O2 or He from BOC etc. If you can get hold of a few cylinders you can cascade fills into your bank (linked cylinders) and get as much as possible from them. I have 3 J cyls that I use for O2, a mate found them at work, very handy.

Stu.

• 1 month later...

lots of discussion on this at www.mig-welding.co.uk

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4010

see above spreadsheet. And re: decanting of bottles and implications. :o

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5037

Good site with lots of info on fabrication, welding and gas and they even link back here for on-board compressor builds.

I have seen a few members here are on mig-welding forum also. Some knowledgeable guys who have decades of commercial experience. :ph34r:

Pete