4x4Adventures 2 Day Event

JST

Si - Martin Stainer in the lovely D4x4 prepared 02 trayback auto td5 - he had a really good day 2 on punch counts.

Yep it was quite steep that i almost slipped whilst setting up....

Out of interest i dont suppose one of the marshalls might still have punch 17 in their pocket do they? its not where it was set up!

We had a fabulous weekend despite early retirement on Saturday after a tree branch decided to try and enter me via my ribs through the side of the car, I thought it was a whole lot worse than it gladly (bl@@dy painfully) turned out to be. Followed by early retirement on Sunday, first with a broken steering ram then finished off by shearing the studs on the rear half shaft. :angry:

To cap it all we had to repair the trailer brakes in the services from where they had hit the ground getting out of the site. :rolleyes:

I have to say a huge thanks to Guy, my co-driver, without whom I may still be in the night section never mind successfully completing it.

I can thoroughly recommend this series as a great place to start in challenge, very friendly all round from organisers, sponsors and marshals all the way through to the top competitors.

Got a fortnight to put it straight before the last round of AWDC Howlin Wolf.

I think the event seemed to go well for the competitors and it was a good way to see a proper challenge competition for myself. It was a bit cold and wet and waiting the odd half an hour just to see anyone go by on Sunday was a bit demoralising but all part of the fun I think! At least I had a vehicle to sit in. I had managed to keep it clean up until that point, now I'll have to go to the local wash bay....

My thanks to Ian Hawes and Shrek for providing me with food after my unplanned stay on friday night which made me hideously underprepared as a result, and to Puggers and Anton for organising and cooking food for us all.

Got a fortnight to put it straight before the last round of AWDC Howlin Wolf.

Glad you enjoyed it Nick and well done on Guy winning you the night stage (one of only two cars to complete the correct route and record all the points!)

no need to get it straight, just running will do!

Glad you enjoyed it Nick and well done on Guy winning you the night stage (one of only two cars to complete the correct route and record all the points!)

Sticky ran the route for the night nav,,and got it spot on !! Thanks Sticky !!

Am sure , if it hadn't of been doing 1/3 of the stage with the r/h front being off the rim, would have been a tad quicker without winching at every corner !! ,,

To cap it all we had to repair the trailer brakes in the services from where they had hit the ground getting out of the site. :rolleyes:

Think you are not alone their Nick,, need to have a look at mine as well some time,, :(

We clobbered the o/s trailer lights on the way in and n/s lights on the way out but it did'nt supprise me because we did exactly the same last time.

Loaded Ians onto the trailer once we got the lorry out onto the road.

Si - Martin Stainer in the lovely D4x4 prepared 02 trayback auto td5 - he had a really good day 2 on punch counts.

Yep it was quite steep that i almost slipped whilst setting up....

Out of interest i dont suppose one of the marshalls might still have punch 17 in their pocket do they? its not where it was set up!

Sorry i stand corrected it was Pete at Mooraker 4x4 who did the trayback on Martins truck for this event, although i am pretty certain the auto and initial work goes to D4x4

Big thank you to you James, It was a great weekend even with the problems I had on Saturday and lost several hours. Come the afternoon we picked up a gear and felt good :rolleyes: not to have more problems, untill the evening say no more :angry:.

Sunday was looking good untill my first punch when letting some slack out on the front winch it went BANG :o, spent rest of the morning fixing it. Got going at 1.30pm and got back at 2.29pm shame it was a short day, Every point helps.

Big thank you to Anton, Simon and the Marshals.

Cheers to the rest of you, see you on the 6th ;)

An excellent and well organised event again and one where so many people contributed to the smooth running and well being of everyone. Special thanks to Anton Dave & Si for sponsoring the event, Puggers for the catering, Liz for looking after me when I was about exhausted, and all the marshalls for sticking to their posts despite what must have been frozen toes!

Our first day was blighted by fuel problems so were quite chuffed to be the first back with all the punches. On the second day we were plagued by rope breakages, snapping the front rope at least 10 times. We ended up with about 30 foot of rope on the drum in the end! Those bogs seem to get deeper and deeper.

So level pegging with Jase and Rich going into the last event as Bampton. Previous conflict at this site has seen a win for Jase and one for us. So it really is going to go down to the wire.....

See you all there

We may not be able to make it ,I have an appointment somewhere , not sure where yet but I`ll think of something ,

Wont be as good as Steve and Pikeys little joke on me , Rich, Bushy and Lard .

Proper set of Ba***rds :P:P

Maybe then the time to put Steve's truck, on a boat to Ireland,, or further afield maybe !!! :lol::ph34r:

We may not be able to make it ,I have an appointment somewhere , not sure where yet but I`ll think of something ,

Wont be as good as Steve and Pikeys little joke on me , Rich, Bushy and Lard .

Proper set of Ba***rds :P:P

if you had asked me i could have told you they were going :lol::lol:

To all on the non-competitor side a huge thank you for a top event!!!

Thanks to Tim for the seat for the weekend, all be it soaked on sunday morning! Camper accomodation made up for it!

Some good pics i see, sadly being Tims b1tch i had no time to carry a camera around!!

Me thinks we would have won the night nav had it not been for that flat!!!! Watch out Nick... next time!

Shame about the winch related breakages :(

Just a small point to make my lovely td5 90 trayback was not prepared by d4x4 but by Mr Mitchell of MOONRAKER 4X4 who can be contacted on 07788715980 and yes the event was great we had a real good time

you are correct James the original work was carried out by Devon

It was certainly a top weekend for me and my bitch(es)- despite me breaking one of them (and very nearly the second on Sundays SS!) It was a shame that we lost out to the D4X4 boys- well done guys!- but we had an awful lot of fun trying to beat them- just managed it on the Sunday but we had far too much to make up from the Saturday (what with my minor 'lack of fuel' error on the night stage :ph34r: -Cheers for the recovery Nick!)

We also got away very lightly on the breakages- only a site light knocked off and a winch line snapped on the Saturday (thanks to David Bowyer for a top notch resplice!), and then added a minor ding in the passenger door on the Sunday-for which I am blaming Bish entirely!

The organisation and setting out of whole the weekend was top notch- as always. I think all of the thanks have already been said- it was clear that all involved worked very hard to make the event the huge sucess that it was.

It was also excellent to have a chance of a social to catch up with old friends, make some new ones, and also to put some more faces to the names on the forum.

I am gutted to be missing the last in the series on the 6th... best of luck to all of those that will be there.