pictures wanted

Thanks for all the excellent replies, i'm getting closer to this phase of my build now, got the EFI working, sounds amazing,

Bish this is coming on a treat, can't wait to see it completed.

Tim, how is the LSE console made to fit near the fuse box, i see a white or silver bit by the end of the console, what is it ?

Cheers

Max

Tim, how is the LSE console made to fit near the fuse box, i see a white or silver bit by the end of the console, what is it ?

Cheers

Max

Max

The silver box is made from alloy sheet, will see if i have a better pic on file ??

Right, some progress this week.

One coat of primer and two of gloss to try and seal the wood for a while. At one coat per night that took most of the week! Apologies for the leary red paint - it was to hand and needed using up! Besides, once it is finished no one is going to see it!

Dragged out a roll of el cheapo carpet last used to trim the fuel tank in the bobtail (it's not stained, just shaddows):

post-121-1217624363_thumb.jpg

Paint and carpet in a 90... I knew you couldn't get away from your posh Range Rover roots ;)

Nice work BTW :)

Well, I have now fitted the bits into the 90:

First the base plate, shifter and hand brake:

post-121-1218392388_thumb.jpg

Really pleased with how solid it is - the handbrake doesn't flex it at all. Not sure what to do with the handbrake gaiter. I may build it into the cubby box.. :huh:

Then the carpeted bit with the shifter housing:

post-121-1218392437_thumb.jpg

Then the gear indicator wotsit - don't worry about the garish red, the bling stainless is on the way..

post-121-1218392508_thumb.jpg

post-121-1218392522_thumb.jpg

I'll have to take it apart again to add some extra holes for wiring, but other than that, it's done. :) Just got to build a cubby box now....

Its looking good Bishbosh, Im a bit behind with things at the moment. I couldn't get my motor started and it took ages to find the faulty relay. I like the no clutter look of your design, can't wait to see it all finished. Thanks for all the help.

Max

• 1 month later...

Dragging this one back up to show you the finished article, well, finished until I make a cubby box:

post-121-1223499183_thumb.jpg

post-121-1223499162_thumb.jpg

post-121-1223499195_thumb.jpg

I know the cover on the transmisison tunnel is a bit wonky, but I have the MOT tomorrow and I'l sort it out later!

• 8 years later...
On 28/07/2008 at 9:14 PM, pat_pending said:

A Couple of Pictures Of Mine.

DadsLandroverPictures003.jpg

DadsLandroverPictures004.jpg

Massive thread revival! Sorry!

Pat could you reupload the pictures of your console please. I'd saved them on an old computer with view to make a similar console but have since lost them, took me ages to find this thread! 

I've no idea what computer they were on. 

PM me your email and I'll take some more and send them. I wont get a chance until Sunday, but I can pop the top off so you can see how it all goes together.

Even the simplest of pic's appears to exceed the file size limit on here now and I don't do photobucket etc.

Pat

• Like 1