Newbury 4x4 & Vintage Spares day 5th Oct

Was sent this by a mate :

www.newbury4x4abdvintagesparesday.com

Seems like on the Old Sodbury site .........but not run but Old Sod. :blink:

To be honest I never ever belived the drivelly guff that Old Sod Sprouted re why it got cancelled

and then there was a rash infection of "Sparticus" syndrome .......re "I'm the new Sodbury event - No I AM No me"

most if not all were just in it for the fast buck or 3, ........and many have been dire from reports heard.

As such I haven't been to any 4x4 autojumbles (with the exception of Capel),

.......and was wondering what the forums thoughts are re the above ?

Its at the Newbury showground,

but not run by Old Sod,

but it may take off maybe as the venue carries some previous quedos ?? -

oh and its just £5 to get in :)

thoughts ?

Looks promising to me. It looks like they have rolled both the traditional Sortout events together into one - there used to be a vintage one and a Land Rover one, but this covers both.

I think I may well attempt to get to this one.

Mark

Guest diesel_jim

And even funnier if you read the write up in this months LR oh...

"the old sod is still organising it".... but he's not...

"old sodbury, called that because it originated in old sodbury, near newbury"..... hmmm... could have sworn it was nearer to Bath, but hey ho, what do i know... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim
started in a place called old sodbury in avon old sodbury

I know, i was trying to be sarcastic.

LR oh being the "first and original know it all of LR magazines" and they can't even get that right! LOL!

Same date as L2B!!!

Sorry but I really dont see the attraction in sitting in traffic queues on a motorway in a landrover to go to such a godforsaken place as Brighton! And when you get there all they seem to do is park up on the sea front and take in all the pikey northerners who go there on holiday whilst admiring each others shiney bits. (ooh err!)

Guest diesel_jim
Sorry but I really dont see the attraction in sitting in traffic queues on a motorway in a landrover to go to such a godforsaken place as Brighton! And when you get there all they seem to do is park up on the sea front and take in all the pikey northerners who go there on holiday whilst admiring each others shiney bits. (ooh err!)

If you wore a YMCA outfit, you'd have a whole different weekend!

Mr Wilkie aka Old Sod sent me this email overnight:-

"The next Land Rover Sortout is on Sunday September 14th at Peterborough alongside the LRO Show.

We have not had a booking form back from you yet. If you have sent one please ring 0000000000.

In case you have overlooked this a form is attached".

Now I have never sold at old sod, but was wondering if this is a sign of a slowdown in bookings for the Peterborough event (one can only hope - then maybe 2009 will mean a return to Newbury :P )