AWDC - West Harptree Aftermath

JST

Well done to Neil, Carol, Marshal's and team for setting out and laying on a top day today - very much appreciated certainly by us and and no doubt by all.

We had a couple of mishaps :angry:, but above all had a cracking day out and really enjoyed it. Some good technical punches and some nice rocky sections to contend with, couldn't find the water though - thought all these AWDC punches were in water...... :ph34r:

Seemed a lot went home early, nothing too terminal i hope.

Good to catch up with everyone, cheers for parts Mark.

See you all at the next one when with luck by then i will have removed the blackthorn from my arms!

not long got back , (one of the ones that left early :( )

had chance to see how all the others do it (and don't :D ) what a nice little site west harptree is , very technical sections well laied out , and witnessed the marshals taking rope infringements seriously and issuing penalty's .

results - Richard Tall (not sure on surname 1st in Class 2) think or hope we are in the top 3rd. Adrian - 4th would be my guess.

Chris Abel - 1st Overall and 1st Class 1

Chris and Nick Bolt 1st Class 3

Ref the marshal - its was interesting to see them radio in infringements i saw Adrian pick one up one on a punch that they radioed in whilst we were.... (taking time out...)

nothing wrong with radioing it in but it would be have been nice to have told them i would have thought. you never know you can get vindictive marshals who could radio in anything without speaking to the team to point out their mishaps (not that marshals are vindictive or anything before i get lynched!)

Only the second event of the series that I have spectated at. Such a good site and well thought out punches. Couple of moments from different teams who decided they wanted to check underneath their trucks mid way through the day. No harm done.

Shame all the events can't be that local to me.

James. No worries about the parts. Will drop off the other bits on Fri.

As has been said above. Good to catch with some faces I'd not seen in a while.

Giggle. I didn't sell any more stock so still have the 20 boxes left. If you know of anyone then get them to PM me.

Results now posted

HERE

Well done to everyone involved - marshals & competitors alike - West Harptree is just such a great site. If we had another 7 of those around the country life would be so much easier.

Thanks to the Surrey Mafia, NCGL (all the way from Yorkshire) and Club ZULU for all their help, especially those who took control when we had to rush mad-dog Lola to the vets on Saturday afternoon when she took a funny turn.

Finally huge CONGRATULATIONS to Chris Abel and Simon Wilkinson who have sealed their claim as the first ever Howlin' Wolf Trophy winners :D :D :D

What a great site, our first time there and we've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well done to all those who were taking part.

Ref the marshal - its was interesting to see them radio in infringements i saw Adrian pick one up one on a punch that they radioed in whilst we were.... (taking time out...)

nothing wrong with radioing it in but it would be have been nice to have told them i would have thought. you never know you can get vindictive marshals who could radio in anything without speaking to the team to point out their mishaps (not that marshals are vindictive or anything before i get lynched!)

Just a quick point - but as my Mrs was one who gave Adrian a penalty for reversing completely over the rope and the co-driver was told at the time!

Just thought I would mention ...

I was told about the penalty... and totally agreed with the decision. He was sorta blind at that point as all his mirrors had er... left the vehicle. So could of been my fault there.. ooops :ph34r:

Great Day mind, absolutely knackered now. Plus I won my bet, thats all that matters. Si/chris you can keep your trophy. Myself and Adrian know we are better than you. Its like the parents letting the children win - just to keep them happy. :P

Badger - whats the model of that vango tent mate, I can not remember for the life of me.

What a great site, our first time there and we've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well done to all those who were taking part.

Just a quick point - but as my Mrs was one who gave Adrian a penalty for reversing completely over the rope and the co-driver was told at the time!

I was told about the penalty... and totally agreed with the decision. He was sorta blind at that point as all his mirrors had er... left the vehicle. So could of been my fault there.. ooops :ph34r:

Apologies, my mistake for making an assumption (the root of all evil). If the marshals are telling people then thats exactly how it should be.

Not sure if this works but this is Chris Able's co driver demonstrating how to get a good fast time on a special stage

Well embedding doesn't seem to work so you will have to go

to see the clip :lol:

another reason why they wear helmets! nice roll

Have you met Mrs Badger. She can re-define the word evil, so you are correct!

We done to all competitors, the results look like it was certainly a close run thing.

Congratulations to Chris and Simon. From the performances this year, thouroughly deserved. Its just a shame you have never been able to get all 40 punches, especially when someone says, "At full throttle we could get 60!"

It will be interesting to see if you can defend your trophy in 2009!

See you all at Tong. Neil order more rope, I dont think we use enough!!

Good event, prob best yet and the weather helped! There was this big round hot thing in the sky, not sure what it was but it can come back if it likes!

Congratulations to Chris and Si, a well deserved win. But condolences to Si for losing the bet.

Pictures will be up ASAP, but as work have just phoned it won't be today.. :angry:

Championship points tables now posted

HERE

Don't forget with Chris and Simon having secured the overall championship, 1st 2nd & 3rd places in all 3 classes are now up for grabs.

If anything the competition should get more fierce for the final two rounds :blink: - best 6 results from 8 to count :lol: