Newbury Sort out

jules

I was there.small but good.

Didn't sell much,but bought quite a bit :( .Thats not whats meant to happen.

Got a good bulkhead for the new project,some cheap axle ends,and a new fire extinguisher.

Shame about the weather,but this event could replace Sodbury as THE event for the south of England.

Orange and I were there, attempting to sell, and not to buy. We were pretty successfull on the not buying front, as we found very little that we wanted. Sadly we were not very successful on the selling front. I didn't think there were that many people buying, but that was probably directly attributable to the weather.

Didn't actually manage to bump into anyone we knew for most of the day, till Jez and zuz wandered past our little stall...

I think if the event can grow, for both sellers and buyers then it would be really good though. Personally, I miss the old sodbury, so this seems like a really good step to a proper replacement.

I missed you again Mark

I loaded a trailer (possibly over loaded) to sell then looked at the weather and didn't bother to take it and just went to buy.

At least there was somthing for poeple who didn't go to L2B to do. :P

Anybody know if there has been any comments from the organisers about how successful/unsuccessful it was for them and if they will be running the event again?

Sad to have missed it but L2B is far too much fun so will always be the winner for me!

Well, apart from the weather (which I can't do anything about) I thought it was a cracking day.

Bumped into Si White (and didn't recognise him at first as he's gone all beardy!), and sold most of the stuff I took so more than covered my costs.

It was definately better organised. No queues - either in or out - good marshalling and lots of varied stalls. The vintage and tractor stuff was interesting too...

As for the clash of dates with L2B - wayyyy too far for me to go at today's fuel prices, and as I have no desire whatsoever to go anywhere near London, it affects me not.

Matt

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...