Newbury Sort out

jules

I will be there with a couple of others. Sellers entry from 7am (£20 for a 4x4, £25 for a 4x4+trailer) and public entry from 11am (think its £5, under 14s free)... Sellers pass admits 2 people with up to 2 additional passengers for £5 each. I think sellers need to pre-book, but not really sure. I've booked in a 4x4 and am gradually cobbling together enough stuff to put a stall out... Might even have to take and pay extra for a trailer...

the gates opend at 11, by 11,15 we had seen everything and were leaving.

OMG, sorry to hear that glad I didnt drive all the way up there then !

Sounds like the ratner comment is very appropriate then !

Si did mention the other week, that he was going to be on Brighton sea front,, and wants to take the Sport apart :o

I'm a bit Mildly miffed that they are on the same day. I signed up for L2B over six months ago - so the die was cast before Newbury was announced. L2B is a nice fun event and I have enjoyed it the past couple of years - but I did have a load of stuff I'd like to buy at Newbury (as well as being there as X-Eng). Maybe I'll send Mark my shopping list instead!

Si

Just got back - I actually thought it was reasonably good, not quite as many stalls as usual 'old sodbury' but it was quite nice to have the vintage and landrover combined and it still took me ~3.5 hours to walk around a couple of times browsing!

There seemed to be a good turnout based upon vehicles in car park though.

Heard a rumour as to the real reason for Old Sodbury not using Newbury anymore - needless to say it was financial :rolleyes::ph34r:

Got a new steering column shaft, and a couple of new radius arms for a price that made the fag of removing and installing new bushes in mine not worth considering! :lol:

Hopefully April next year will be bigger and better still - much better than driving to peterborough or the new forest for me!

I thought it was pretty good too - nowhere near as large as Old Sodbury but worth going nonetheless. I picked up a new Lodar for about 25% off, plus some other bits and pieces. Hopefully next time the dates won't clash with anything else. Nice to see Matt Neale too - might have seen some other Forumeer's feet, too!

Nige and I went and braved the weather. Seemed alot better organised the old sod.

Not as many buyers or sellers as previously but still good. I expect the weather put alot of people off, plus it wasnt that well advertised!

Came away with some G cramps, a large ring spanner and a rather nice Sealey pillar drill. Nothing for the landrover however! Was after some wheelarches but everything was either knackered or silly money.........ah well!

Jon

Seemed alot better organised the old sod.

absolutely agree - a lot more wardens/security and parking guides around.

although that new single file fence on the way in would have really slowed things up had they had the volumes of the old sodbury...not their fault though.