Forum green lane trip - 21st-23rd November

GBMUD

Although there are obviously muddy bits to contend with, the lanes in the Peaks are mostly stony affairs so, unless we've had weeks of rain (which means it needs to stop now :)) then you'll be fine. If a lane needs more than MTs then we shouldn't be driving it in the numbers we're discussing here.

Thank you for those words of common sense John.

If anybody would like to see the pics of our last southen Africa trip. I'll bring them with me.

mike

unfortunately i'm not going to be able to make the trip :-(

redundancy, leading to fiscal reasoning, forces a reduction in social expenditure. In other words, skint!

Sorry to hear all that Nick, good luck finding work. I suspect you will look back in a couple of years and view this as an opportunity moment. Grasp it now. ;)

Chris

Is it too late to join this little jaunt? (most local laning trip for me)

Chris,

If i can get Laura to agree to going, can we join your sub-group?

Turbocharger,

Any chance of space in camping field if Girl agrees? lets hope for more snow!!!

After a meal in the pub I'll be enjoying a pint in the Green Man and Black's Head at the bottom of the Market Place in Ashbourne - chosen because it has the longest pub sign in England(?) so even Mo should be able to find it.

Turbo, you are so thoughtful :)

Mo

Mo - no probs :D

Sticky - yes, there's still a couple of places left for camping so Chris can add you to the list at the beginning of this topic. I'll PM all the campers with directions nearer the time.

1 space in my group left

Miniturbo has dropped out because he's got two things I haven't* so I've got one space in my group left. We're a Ninety on MTs, a Ninety on ATs and a 110CSW on road tyres, so won't be attempting anything sillier than Stanage, aiming for scratches rather than dents. Any takers?

* mechanical sympathy and a desire to see his girlfriend for the weekend

Sticky,, Are you sure Laura wants to camp,, did not look too happy last time,, but would be good to have you both along,,,

John (Turbo), Our group will also be taking things easy,,won't they Chris !!! 110's and a Lard cruiser

PMSL

Jonesy you big girl- don't worry about dents/scratches, recent vehicle depreciation has meant that you 110 is almost worthless anyway so you might as well scratch it

Mo- you never know it might not leak oil this time which would be nice

Hi, I'd love to come but would be my first forum trip and seen talk of 'groups' - I dont actually know anyone from the forum - is this a problem?

Should not be a problem whatsoever,, best way of getting to know other's from here,,

PS,, just watch out for than Mo bloke :P:ph34r:

No, as Tim says, no problem. Once you have been on the trip you will know more members than the average other member. :) The groups are only being set in order to avoid a big headache on Saturday morning when everyone turns to me and looks expectant.

Book your accommodation, let us all know, and I will add you to a list.

Chris

Mo - no probs :D

Sticky - yes, there's still a couple of places left for camping so Chris can add you to the list at the beginning of this topic. I'll PM all the campers with directions nearer the time.

1 space in my group left

Miniturbo has dropped out because he's got two things I haven't* so I've got one space in my group left. We're a Ninety on MTs, a Ninety on ATs and a 110CSW on road tyres, so won't be attempting anything sillier than Stanage, aiming for scratches rather than dents. Any takers?

* mechanical sympathy and a desire to see his girlfriend for the weekend

I'll take you up on that place Turbocharger, if no-one else has already?

Edit: Oh, and it'd just be the Saturday I'm afraid, I can't justify the fuel cost for two days :(

Retro - no problem for me, I'll consider my group full again and carry a spare place for Sunday in case Tim and Pugwash fall out and we have to split them up to make sure they behave... :)

From Ashbourne my group will head north by road straight away, almost to Sheffield to meet mmgemini since they're driving down from the Arctic. That might mean we end up with a higher mileage than other groups so we might not be the cheapest for fuel, but it's only for one day.

This means I've not met anyone at all in the group I'm leading (so you could be muppets who'll demand nothing rougher than cats-eyes or dive straight into a 4hr recovery), and crucially none of you know that my navigator will be a colleague who's been in the country for 6 months, whose first language is Tamil and who's never seen an OS map before... It's going to be good. :)

I can have access to a laptop with Memory Map if you like? I have all the 25k and 50k maps of Britain on there :)

Damage wise, I'm not bothered by the odd knock or scratch...but I'd like to have all my windows and panels at least in once piece at the end of the day if you know what I mean :D

Oh, and can we go via Tissington ford? Pwetty pwease? :wub: I love fords ^_^

I've got MM too but I think the inverter in my car is unwell. By and large, the tracks are well defined and I've driven most of them before (and we can all use reverse gear...) so how hard can it be? By all means bring the laptop as an option though...

We'll certainly be taking in Tiss Ford before the end of the day. After past events at Biggin Quarry we found that when simply parking down there, within half an hour a member of the public would normally do something stupid to entertain us...

I'll have my inverter in the car. I'll not be using it on the day.

I have two small problems apart from the weather....Clutch hydraulics to change and a leaking swivel seal.

Both can be overcome by not thinking about them. The clutch cylinders will be changed on the first dry (ish) day we get.

mike