Forum green lane trip - 21st-23rd November

GBMUD

Hi all, do we have co-ordinates for the campsite and routes available? We have just recieved our Xmas present (a Garmin GPS) and would like to give it a go with some "real routes" if possible. Figured that we may as well do it whilst we are following someone, just to get an idea of how it works/displays etc.

We are looking forward to the weekend. I've installed a CB today and have dug out the winter sleeping bags. Did someone say -3'C :o Mmmm, goose down :P:wub:

It's going to be bloody brilliant. Cold weather's fine, the heater works, but that means a cold crisp day where the visibility will be miles (and the ramblers might be deterred a little... :ph34r: ). I'm really looking forward to standing on Stanage Edge enjoying the view - briefly.

Edit: With the forum's ongoing commitment to road safety, please be ready to salute the good men of the law as you leave the A38 onto the A52 at Derby, since they've kindly mentioned that they might be in Mackworth trapping the dangerous criminals who think that this straight, wide, well lit and junctionless road is safe at 44mph! More camera locations here.

Just to confirm as Mike has dropped out, I and SWMBO will still be attending and will be camping, but it will only be saturday night not both nights.

Pete.

Pete,, remind me, that i have a little box for you, to give to Mike

Bugger - the list contains many of the highlights of the Peaks. Much better to have seen the notices now than to have driven all the way out there and had to turn round. Let's hope the logging devices and peer pressure etc keep the lanes clear so they can recover and be reopened. There's still plenty to see :)

Regarding Long Causeway, I thought it was open, with the proviso that downhill use only (by vehicles) is the local agreement.

I have just rung the Authority (Telephone: 01629 816200, the number on the link GBMud posted), and spoke to a Matt Cluney or Coney.

Yes the route is open, care is needed at certain points, 'but it's been like that for a few years'.

It was closed in June 2008 due to specific damage, but that was repaired in July.

I pointed out the conflict of information with the Web site, response "Oh, is that still up there", and was thanked for my trouble, but Matt doesn't control the web site.

Not my favourite route, but if it's yours, enjoy yourself. What the view will be like this weekend is anybodies guess. Dress warm, with hat, seems to be the best advice.

Cheers.

Regarding Long Causeway, I thought it was open, with the proviso that downhill use only (by vehicles) is the local agreement.

I have just rung the Authority (Telephone: 01629 816200, the number on the link GBMud posted), and spoke to a Matt Cluney or Coney.

Yes the route is open, care is needed at certain points, 'but it's been like that for a few years'.

It was closed in June 2008 due to specific damage, but that was repaired in July.

I pointed out the conflict of information with the Web site, response "Oh, is that still up there", and was thanked for my trouble, but Matt doesn't control the web site.

Not my favourite route, but if it's yours, enjoy yourself. What the view will be like this weekend is anybodies guess. Dress warm, with hat, seems to be the best advice.

Cheers.

GREAT....I am looking forward to that one.

Thank you David.

mike

I'm here :ph34r:

Just finished loading the truck for an early drive down tomorrow :P Looking forward to getting on (or off!) the road.

We haven't even started to load up yet.

Too cold outside....

Do I need put the heated blankets in for tomorrow ?

mike

We haven't even started to load up yet.

Too cold outside....

Do I need put the heated blankets in for tomorrow ?

mike

I would, we have put the down jackets and sleeping bags in! I've got the cool box in the back, don't think we will need it plugging in though :huh: