insurance

Just out of interest, the Lancaster website lists 'green laning cover' as part of what they offer. I was under the impression that greenlanes are legally highways and therefore any insurance covers you anyway?

I mean, obviously not for 'I drove over a rock and took my sump off'....but insurance in terms of third-party collisions/injury/damage etc?

I've had a series vehicle with Peter Best insurance - fully comp and £2500 agreeed value for £120 pa on a classic ploicy - there's quite a few restrictions for that though, limited mileage, no street parking etc etc, though they do accept modifications. Discounts given for garage parking and membership of 4x4 clubs! I think they do other policy types as well...

slightly random, but does anyone know if anyone is good for 21 year olds? i am, and the few i spoke to said they wouldnt touch me, and although im ok location, nfu put me through to commercial, it had to go to the underwiters, they never rang back. i rang again, three days later and was told "someone will ring you in about 15 mins" im still waiting. also my friend has two 101's with them and his works truck and theyve screwed him around no end

i used to work for post office, and they did it last year. they quoted me 750, so their not bad

guys

i got a quote from the money supermarket - £380, fully comp. (110 hard top) from the coop or eco-insurance (some irony there!!)

Then called sureterm, they quoted £420, however they are obviously keen for the work, as they asked me for the best i had so and i passed on the coop quote. Then they came back with £350. green laning included. Note i have supressed the mileage to 8000.

Note i have supressed the mileage to 8000.

If you are honest with them.. and tell them it lives in an industrial unit and hasn't seen daylight since Blur were last in the charts, and is unlikely to see tarmac any time soon you might get a cheaper quote.... ;)

slightly random, but does anyone know if anyone is good for 21 year olds? i am, and the few i spoke to said they wouldnt touch me, and although im ok location, nfu put me through to commercial, it had to go to the underwiters, they never rang back. i rang again, three days later and was told "someone will ring you in about 15 mins" im still waiting. also my friend has two 101's with them and his works truck and theyve screwed him around no end

i used to work for post office, and they did it last year. they quoted me 750, so their not bad

Rember the NFU are loads of different offices all under 1 company. Just because 1 local office is good/bad does not mean you will have the same joy/problems with another.

Mark.