Security bolts

dred90

Anyone know where you can get these for securing stuff like winches etc. I'm moving soon and might have to start leaving the truck out on the street :angry::(

I've seen this that our good friends in the U.S. of A. make:

securitybolt.jpg

bolt2.jpg

(Tuff security Products)

Can you get this kind of thing over here?

Anyone know where you can get these for securing stuff like winches etc. I'm moving soon and might have to start leaving the truck out on the street :angry::(

I've seen this that our good friends in the U.S. of A. make:

securitybolt.jpg

bolt2.jpg

(Tuff security Products)

Can you get this kind of thing over here?

If your worried then I'd rent somewhere to lock the truck up. In many cases, if they want the winch, they'll take a petrol powered angle grinder to the bumper and take the winch that way.

There's a rather large collection here:

www.bolts-nuts-washers.com/securityscrewrange.htm

cheers for that Fridgefreezer - I'll probably go for the "no-go", approved for use in prisons no less, which hopefully is where all the people will described will end up :D

Just out of interest has anyone suffered the loss of their winch as described by Will??

Hmmm,

Winch x hundred pounds.

Security bolts 20 -50 pounds?

If I'm going to nick a winch or two I think I'd invest in a few sets of security bolt keys - or a set of the "one size fits all" keys that garages seem to have to undo such bolts when the owner has lost his key.....

Note also, that there are only 4 or 6 bolts holding the bumper on so if you "secure" the winch to the bumper then you'd better secure the bumper to the vehicle........

Sorry to be a bit pessimistic, but I think if someone wants your winch they'll have it. Although I suppose the security bolts may make them move on to the next winch along if it is easier to remove.

I just keep mine in the garage.... :ph34r:

Tonk's right - people don't usually bother nicking bits these days, they will nick a vehicle and strip it. Hiab cranes are the weapon of choice, just lift car onto truck and drive off, quicker than breaking in and less obvious as it looks like they're collecting/recovering the vehicle not nicking it.

Mind you, Nige and Tonk's trucks would probably break a Hiab so they're safe :ph34r:

Coat on, running like f....

All mine toys live behind locked 6' gates and the which bolts are welded up.

My house is surrounded by old granies that don't miss a trick.

As long as the fences are up to the same specification :rolleyes:

I worked in an ancient set of Portacabins in Yarmouth for years.. We had alarm sensors on all of the windows and IR in the corridors. One day, one of the secretaries went ballistic when she arrived in the morning - wandered through to find her computer gone, leaving a trail of wires through a hole kicked through the wall :P he alarm system never picked up a problem as the windows were fine :D

I would just weld the bolts to the bumper / chassis. It only needs a tack weld - enough to stop you getting a socket on it and to stop it rotating.

You need a grinder to remove them - but if they have a grinder - they will get it anyway.

Those No-Go bolts say they are grinder proof - but I've seen one (or something very similar) removed by cutting a slot with a grinder in the top (to make a big screw) and using a lever to rotate the whole thing including the bolt until enough thread is exposed to cut that.

Nothing is 'proof'. Weld is cheap and easy and nearly proof.

Si

Hydraulic winch - no one nicks them as the tea leaves are too fik to wark it art mate

my hope exactly, we installed coachbolts and big padlocks to the doors on the wolf, as a deterrent, but as the guy in the body shop observed, if they have any brains, they would unscrew the door hinges! so we're having that made teef proof. Security glass helps too.

Security

of course they'd have to repaint it quick if they wanted to get it down the road without sticking out like a sore thumb if they were after the actual truck.