interesting response from QT

white90

Les if you or anyone has the ones with holes all the way along you should contact QT for replacements.

Dave told me they did a recall of them as they've proved to have Issues.

Les mine were'nt damaged yet but the issue of design fault will still be apparent.

Streaky Maybe the manufacturer (not QT themselves I guess) want them returned?

Les if you or anyone has the ones with holes all the way along you should contact QT for replacements.

Dave told me they did a recall of them as they've proved to have Issues.

Streaky Maybe the manufacturer (not QT themselves I guess) want them returned?

Tony.

I was under the impression that these arms were made by Qt at their premises...or did I miss something?

I have the ones with holes which were previously found to have cracked on two of our Defender racers. QT are very well aware of this and offered to replace them a few years ago. (we went back to using standard arms on the racers)

I wish I'd taken them up on the offer at the time but we put the cracks down to extreme abuse and not a design flaw as is now being disclosed. A nice gesture by QT but I honestly wouldn't have expected anything less under the circumstances.

The ones fitted to my Discovery are also of the MK1 design and have the holes.....they arn't cracked at this time but I feel that they should be replaced because I simply don't want to take any chances with these type of safety issues.

I was definatly not contacted for recalls but since seeing this thread I bought it to QT's attention.

I received a mail from Kerry @ QT saying that I should return the arms for a replacement but I don't see the point of spending a small fortune on posting these faulty arms to the UK from Dubai when we'd already paid for the overseas freight the first time.

If they want evidence of the arms not being used then I'll be happy to cut them up with a grinder to show that they are no longer being used or are going to be sold on to some poor unsuspecting Rover owner in need of corrected radius arms.

I am now waiting for a response regarding the postage issue.

Regards.

S.

Streaky - its not actually your responsibility to pay for the return costs, it is however QT's responsibility to replace the arms as there is a design fault and they could cause catastrophic failure, if they want them back then they have to pay and they cant refuse replacement if you dont want to send them back at their cost. Its all covered by various UK regs including the sale of goods act and others.

Would that apply in streaky's case though? He isn't in the UK.

QT are though and they have to comply to UK law otherwise every foreigner (student, visitor, immigrant or other) who ever bought say a laptop or a mp3 whilst here wouldnt be covered would they!

Either way he isnt responsible for the return shipping, nor was anyone else who has sent them back.

Seems to me like a lot of unfair stuff going on in this thread. Appears Qt have been hounded while on Christmas break, after which they held their hands up and said yes we have some problems please get a free replacement. They were then hounded again while the top guy was off ill. When he came back he sorted everything.

Product recall means just that. You have to remove the faulty product from the public domain and that means sending it back. Pictures of things being cut up or phoning them up saying this "this is me cutting up the old ones, listen RAAAAAAAAR RAAAAAAAAR ( what noise do angle grinders make ? ) isn't the same thing.

The replacement means QT is now sending two sets of radius arms out the door at half price. We want people to make shinny bits to bolt on and people want to make them. Okay they ideally work perfectly but mistakes happen. Seems to me almost everything that can be done to correct this mistake is being done. It's a global credit crunch out there throw the guy a bone.

I'd use QT in future just cos I think you some people have been a bit mean.

In fact I'll check their site now. Oooooooo shiny ............ Must have precious ......

I bought my QT 3deg castor corrected radius arms to do a job which they did perfectly. It was this thread that brought a fault to my attention and Dave Marsh at QT Services has replaced my faulty arms with new with out any problems. I cannot praise QT enough for the service and I will continue to use QT for any parts that I need.

I will get of my soap box now.....

Jeff

I bought my QT 3deg castor corrected radius arms to do a job which they did perfectly. It was this thread that brought a fault to my attention and Dave Marsh at QT Services has replaced my faulty arms with new with out any problems. I cannot praise QT enough for the service and I will continue to use QT for any parts that I need.

Jeff

100% Ditto

My L/Hand one broke, (see picture somewhere on this thread),

As they have done the work asked of them well, and for the amount of road work i do with the vehicle, was about to replace them with the standard arms, Until Tony posted this topic,,

Mailed QT that i had one that failed, Dave was away at the Autosport show at the time, but Kerry replies to the mail by return,, Dave then mailed me on his return to work, both units sent back on the Friday, and 2 new units received on the Tuesday,, This i find well above the call, as they had been used and abused,, I have a set of shiny new arms, all for the the cost of carriage to return,, which for me, was cheaper that a pair of used arms,, (well Pikey does like a large drink :P )

Thank you QT :)

Well If anyone thinks I have bean "mean" then that's your opinion, I'll not lose any sleep

in fact I'll sleep sounder now the arms are off the car and I won't worry about the old ones bending/snapping.

I have documented clearly here every call/email and chase up I have had to make to get mine replaced.

All led by me and never an email by return.

The service has been Ok but it has been me doing all the chasing all along and it has taken a fair while to see my replacements.

Any and everything that is brought/sold needs to be "fit for the purpose" when it isn't then there needs to be amends made.

I expected to pay for carriage back to any supplier so that is not an issue for me.

Can't believe this Witch Hunt is still going! You must all still be bored with Scorpian racing!

If you read the post's in general it isn't a witch hunt, you adding to the thread only brings it back into conversation.

I'm for one happy that the thread started otherwise i'd never had known about a potentially lethal situation.

Can't believe this Witch Hunt is still going! You must all still be bored with Scorpian racing!

Well you've dragged it right back to the top.

Show one post where this is a witch hunt

There are only factual posts here with a progression of an issue with a supplier.

the whole reason behind the thread was to highlight a potential serious issue with a product.

that has been done and a fair few people have benefitted.

Giles this is the joy of a Forum not owned/sponsored by a Magazine or a supplier

it allows people to post honestly regarding what they consider to be a problem or product.

It shows clearly the chain of events and the timeline, a satifactory outcome so how can it be a witch hunt?

Or would you prefer I didn't highlight this? then the other affected parties missed out on what they rightly deserve.

And closing no we are never bored with scorpion racing :)

• 1 month later...

I'll bring this back to the top by mentioning that QT have sent me a new set of replacement arms by UPS to Dubai at their cost. It simply highlites that they still rank amoungst the UK's reputable suppliers in my book.

These new ones are painted...not electroplated like the old ones which are rusted to hell and don't look too pretty.

Thanks to QT....top marks.

S.