Snatch Blocks

Tris Cocks

ive been meaning to ask for a while;

we use these at work

http://www.honeybros.com/gbu0-prodshow/HB91DA.html

we use them for pulling trees over with a tirfor/making multiple spans, so they do work! i just wondered if anyone uses them?

i wouldnt only rated to 2000kg load which is far less than required

Work load limit - 2000kg (20kN)

ive been meaning to ask for a while;

we use these at work

http://www.honeybros.com/gbu0-prodshow/HB91DA.html

we use them for pulling trees over with a tirfor/making multiple spans, so they do work! i just wondered if anyone uses them?

We also use these and with the correct rating and on dry days with synthetic rope they would be ok but they will be no good in the mud.

Swing cheeks are best and like Bish said, we have had the rope slip between the pully and the cheek which is a right pain in the cheek.

Have seen an ARB competion snatch block.

If I remember correctly it has a larger rounded trianglur hole for shackles. Pulley is larger with a different shaped groove to keep synthetic lines in the groove and prevent it being caught between pulley and the sides. Think it is rated at 9,000kg in comparison to the standard 8,000kg

ARB is very slow at the moment so can not verify my comments.

Personally I would be unwilling to buy a snatch block of possible unknow origin off Ebay

HTH

Regards

Brendan

Depends on what winch and rope your also using, with 12mm plasma I have to

use 2x larger type snatch blocks

Foe quick and simple I have this : http://www.devon4x4.com/products_b/p40c51/...atch-block.html

For more involved and HD winching / recovery I have : http://www.liftingandcrane.co.uk/offroadre...natchblocks.php

(Far LHS one) HUGE rating

Bear in mind treble line pulls makes the loads jump up even higher

And ALWAYS use with rated shackles and decent qulaity strops

For shackles I would suggest a MINIMUM of 4.75T and bear in mind 2x strop ends and shackle etc = tight, I use 6 and 8 Tone rated shackles

sometimes not just for the safety factor but for the space these give when working with them

Nige

HFH -- And ALWAYS use with rated shackles and decent qulaity strops

For shackles I would suggest a MINIMUM of 4.75T and bear in mind 2x strop ends and shackle etc = tight, I use 6 and 8 Tone rated shackles

sometimes not just for the safety factor but for the space these give when working with them

I use 3.25tonne & 4.75tonne 3/4 inch green or red pin shackles, all have the rating stamped or forged into the bow shackle body.

Bear in mind treble line pulls makes the loads jump up even higher

The load will be the same no matter whether you are winching with a single line or using four snatch blocks, what changes is the amount of force required to move the load; the more snatch blocks - the less force required.

What are the thoughts about this snatch block off Ebay?

I had and sold on the superwinch one

the groove in the pulley inside was not deep enough and the plasma rode off and down the side of the pulley, this meant I had to cut it free

the pulley is also very slack, the Ones I have now are far more suited to use with plasma and have cause no such trouble again.