Roll Damage

jules

the 23 yr old chassis took a major beating

Chassis front right big kink 40mm deep on inside infront of the gear box cross member.

Chassis front left 20mm deep kink inside front of gearbox cross memeber

Chassis front left 10mm ripple 75 mm long to the front spring hanger right leg simmilar

Chassis rear radius arm hanger 20mm kink inside leg left leg same

have not yet removed the belly guard or bumper but suspect the front cross memeber to have simmilar damage.

also suspected blown front ARB diff.

The truck was MOT'd three weeks before the crash so all of this is from the impact of dropping at leats 15-20ft on to its drivers side roof. There is no structural damage to speek of inside the cage safety cell area (apart from a kinked door and truck cab).

So the new chassis is a must.

any pics?

I couldn't get the video to work no matter what I tried.

I see Mr Wuffles has a chassis for sale in the classifieds.

Particularly intrested in the mounting of the cage to the chassis if any pics are available.

I have pics but can't put them on a site as I'm a bit dim with the whole IT issue

The out riggers that the roll cage is mounted to sufferd no dammage it was all from the front end boncing on the ground.

Chassis front right big kink 40mm deep on inside infront of the gear box cross member.

Chassis front left 20mm deep kink inside front of gearbox cross memeber

Chassis front left 10mm ripple 75 mm long to the front spring hanger right leg simmilar

A known weak area as you may well know it's not uncommon in the race scene to plate the inner chassis legs from gearbox crossmember up the curved rising bit of the chassis rails along towards the front spring seats.

I have pics but can't put them on a site as I'm a bit dim with the whole IT issue

Jules, you can upload them direct to the forum gallery. Go to 'My Controls' and create yourself an album (option on the left). Then just use the upload option to browse your pics and upload them to your new album.

take it it's not your regular ride jules.new chassis rebuild time or flog it for bits?

No it is my challange comp truck we stopped challange comping in 04 to concentratye on the BORC championships I am normaly better known for my rally Freelanders I race.

I go two british champ class wins so I could do with saving some money

But after the rebuild I think it would be rude not to get back into the challange season.

Good news is that LRO want to cover the rebuild.

No it is my challange comp truck we stopped challange comping in 04 to concentratye on the BORC championships I am normaly better known for my rally Freelanders I race.

I go two british champ class wins so I could do with saving some money

But after the rebuild I think it would be rude not to get back into the challange season.

Good news is that LRO want to cover the rebuild.

Jules whats with the tyres . Looks sad with the tryes and stuff stripped from it. I see you have put that sticker i got you in sydney on the back of the truck cab too :lol:

Jules whats with the tyres . Looks sad with the tryes and stuff stripped from it. I see you have put that sticker i got you in sydney on the back of the truck cab too :lol:

Yeah, it looks a bit sorry without the tyres and winches.

Jules, what are you going to do about the front diff? If there's any parts you want me to bring down from Frogs, just give me a shout.