Hi lift jack placement

Hi guys

New to all this but wanted some info

Ive purchased a hi lift jack for my 90 CSW but cannot find anywhere to fix it! :angry:

NOrmal places like the rear right side has a wheel carrier, left side has a ladder and it does'nt fit in the back

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggetsions,..... I forgot to mention my bulkhead has been cut down so no room there and for some reason the jack length is too great to fit on the floor(only just mind!)

I was wondering if I could fit to the spare wheel carrier but im assuming I would have to get something fabricated for that?

There was a fitting for the rear wheel made by Terrain Master, but I have not seen them advertised lately.

A well made fitting in stainless steel, with a bracket that was attached to the spare wheel bolts using 4/5" threaded spacers, and quick (lockable) release pins to secure the high lift jack.

Otherwise buy a Simbars bike rack mounting bracket about (£30) which fits behind the spare wheel and protrudes through the centre to which you could make up a fitting to slide into the protrusion on which to mount your jack. See here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-BOSS-FOR-...A2%7C240%3A1318

John

Thanks for the suggetsions,..... I forgot to mention my bulkhead has been cut down so no room there and for some reason the jack length is too great to fit on the floor(only just mind!)

I was wondering if I could fit to the spare wheel carrier but im assuming I would have to get something fabricated for that?

The nas does not have a bulkhead behind the front seats, keep my jack along the RH wheelbox, just fits in the length of the tub, but ONLY after I cut-off the top inch or so from the jack :lol:

Instead of a 4ft jack it's a 3ft 11ins jack, just remove the top hole, you can never raise a vehicle safely to the top anyway, only loss is if you use the jack as a winch, but I have a milemarker for that function :P

My 51 plate 90 CSW does not have a bulkhead.

My Hi lift fits where the original LR jack went, between the front seats and the rear wheel boxes. It fits if the lifting head is within 6in or so of the bottom of the jack, so that the handle is within the length of the jack.

I use the mounting points that were there already, and the straps that were attached to the mounting points to hold it down.

I put the adaptor for the LR lifting points with the chock under the passenger seat.

I haven't got either a picture of this at the moment, nor have I access to the vehicle (parked elsewhere). Sorry.

HTH

Martin

Edit : found this in the tech archive whilst looking for something else : link

• 2 weeks later...

Have you fitted a swing-away tire carrier yet? Some of them come with hi-lift jack mounts integrated and I think this is the way I'm going to go with it, but having a way to keep it dry and clean will be a priority too since here there's always snow, ice, and salt to worry about. I agree that carrying it inside would be nice but I've got other plans for interior space. :)