How many miles has yours done???????

woah, have you done any engine work ralph??

my 200tdi has done nearly 190,000 miles :D

jase

only a new turbo at 250,000 & a cylinder head last year as the original had internal cracks, bottom end is all as built by LR, timing belts done by myself at home, injection pump rebuilt about 6 years ago & injectors/glowplugs replaced, strarter motor is original, alternator changed to a 100amp unit about 13 years ago.

69k on a '95 300tdi

sounds a bit wimpy compared to some of the galactic mileages on here!

the next question should be........

is the mileage without any major engine re-builds [ignore head gasket] and on the same gearbox, tbox and diffs?

i know mine is - but what about you high milers??

only a new turbo at 250,000 & a cylinder head last year as the original had internal cracks, bottom end is all as built by LR, timing belts done by myself at home, injection pump rebuilt about 6 years ago & injectors/glowplugs replaced, strarter motor is original, alternator changed to a 100amp unit about 13 years ago.

thats quite impressive really, shows what a good unit the 200tdi's are :)

as far as i know mine hasnt had any major work done to it, just the oils every 6months.

jase

thats quite impressive really, shows what a good unit the 200tdi's are :)

as far as i know mine hasnt had any major work done to it, just the oils every 6months.

jase

everytime I've done the timing belt, the old one looks as good as a brand new belt, never had one snap.

how many of those miles has the 200tdi done, i take it being 1989 it had a td to begin with?

1985 - 130,000 miles on a Td and passed MOT a couple of weeks back

Yep, it was a TD whch died at 103,260 which means the 200Tdi has got 302,072 on it.

69k on a '95 300tdi

sounds a bit wimpy compared to some of the galactic mileages on here!

the next question should be........

is the mileage without any major engine re-builds [ignore head gasket] and on the same gearbox, tbox and diffs?

i know mine is - but what about you high milers??

No major works on the Disco 220K The V8 has had an oil change every 3k since new, oil comes out same colour it goes in LPG'd in 2000 diffs gearbox transfer box all origional clutch changed 5k ago 3 CV's been done. Stainless pistons fitted when new vented discs... replaced 1 fuel line.. and springs when they were tired about 15k ago :)