Help me 4x4 in Oz!

Shackleton

Guys,

Crazy thing of all crazy things I've been shortlisted for the best job in the world! If you haven't heard, Tourism Queensland came up with a genius PR campaign to promote the Great Barrier Reef and it's 900 islands - namely that one lucky person will get a job as 'caretaker'. What it really means is they're giving someone a €5m pad on Hamilton island and €75k in return for 6 months 'work' doing all the activities there are out there (including offroading) and reporting back in weekly blogs.

I've literally spent the last week in the media, at least 10 radio interviews and 2 TV appearances nationally here in Ireland.

I'm currently running 4th place!!! But I need support so was hoping some of you might throw a few votes my way, and be sure to check out the website with a view to a holiday at the Great Barrier Reef sometime.

The address is www.islandreefjob.com/george and there's facility there whereby you vote and enter an email address so they send you a confirmation email to root out any attempts at automatic voting systems. Clunky I know but thats the way it is. Plus if anyone wants to lend ongoing support which I'd dearly love, you should know that you can vote with as many email addresses as you have and every day too, but just once a day per address. ANY support is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I get to do some tropical 4x4

George

lol, Ian I swear by Odens Raven I'll post the ECU in the next few days. Just got back, had to fly in to Ireland for a bunch of media interviews!

Vin, I managed to scrape together the €40 for the road tax but insuring the RRC is another matter so the little quarry session is still on hold. I'm just happy I can at least see the RRC from the kitchen window. I sit and smile at it lol

G

Thanks for the votes guys, I'd really like to get by the singing Canadian.

wow congrates mate . Hamilton Island is up the road from me. And belive me is a lovley place. Been there quite a few times.

If you get it you will have a ball . And the main land town of Ayr is a great. Full of back packers and bars. Where if you can't pull you must have two heads :rolleyes:

Thanks folks! The Taiwanese girl won't be caught but it's important to show Tourism Queensland that I have support.

Reads90, I hear Brisbane is beautiful in itself and from the pics and info I have of the Whitsundays I'm beginning to realise that not seeing the Barrier Reef Islands during your life is to die incomplete.

You know I'd be buying a LR as soon as I got down there if there were actually any cars on Hamilton. Still, if I throw a 2" lift and a winch on the golf buggy that comes with the house everything will be fine lol

G

Mate your Vid was just shown on Channel 9 breakfeast TV here in Australia

They shown the top 5 wild card leader board videos.

No way! very cool. I hear there has been a big oil spill on the sunshine coast, I'm gutted. Really terrible news and I hope it can be contained quickly, everything is so delicate down there.

Thanks for the support everyone, things are still crazy here, two more radio I/V's tomorrow and it looks like the BBC are coming over to film me for a doc on the subject. Tried to get the Land Rover insured today.

George

No way! very cool. I hear there has been a big oil spill on the sunshine coast, I'm gutted. Really terrible news and I hope it can be contained quickly, everything is so delicate down there.

Thanks for the support everyone, things are still crazy here, two more radio I/V's tomorrow and it looks like the BBC are coming over to film me for a doc on the subject. Tried to get the Land Rover insured today.

George

Yeah the has been . But manly on Morton Island on the sea side, although some has moved up the sunshine coast. Alot of Oil. Should be cleaned up soon . As they are going mad over it at the moment. Worried about the turtle, Dougons, Dolphins But luckly the wales are not here this time of year

I am going to Morton island for a few days off roading when Jules gets here in April

470x400BT4.jpg

470beach_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg