Thieving Gits

JSG

Some thieving scumbags knicked the 90 off my drive last night.

M reg 300tdi CSW

BFG MTs on black alloys

Tow bar

Hannibal Roof rack

Safari snorkel

Chequer plate on wings, bonnet, cills

Mobile Storage Systems Cubby box

Keep your eyes out please

Cheers,

John

post-145-1236844454_thumb.jpg

Newbury is coming so the scum are stocking up.

Newbury Sortout

Can I suggest we all turn up with handheld UV lamps and check over everything. Some of us do UV postcode items and if the scumbags think there are going to be people checking things on the day it may make them think twice before risking a public linching.

UV Lamps

Will :)

Well it has been found and recovered.

Bad news is that it was found in field with no wheels having been rolled according to the police.

Garage that recovered it say "its a bit of a mess..."

Once the police have finished with it the insurance company will assess it - sounds like there is sod all chance of it being repairable though.

JSG, did your LR have any form of anti theft devices/alarm system on? Just wondering ...

Yep - it had an alarm and immobiliser fitted.

No one heard it start up so it may have been pushed or towed. At this stage I don't know more than that it was found in a local field upside down with the wheels and possibly other items missing.

Sorry to hear about this, hopefully if it's been rolled while they were in it forensics will have plenty to go on.

It's bad enough when you bask one of your own land rovers up, a lot worse when someone else does it for you :(

Yep - it had an alarm and immobiliser fitted.

No one heard it start up so it may have been pushed or towed. At this stage I don't know more than that it was found in a local field upside down with the wheels and possibly other items missing.

What kind of alarm was that? The factory one?

Sorry to hear about this - very bad luck! At least it has been found so you stand a chance of getting back anything personal that was in the vehicle and there's a chance of finding some evidence that could lead to the arrest of the swines that did this. You never know, it may be repairable if the chassis's OK.

not a good time for owning a land rover, or any thing off road oriented, mates shop was done over last year £20k+ of kit taken. and the insurance company told him the alarm was in the wrong place and that the ground anchor they used to beat it off the wall should have been locked away :o so the got out of paying :( he has closed the shop down now.

i hope they didn't get away with to much and that you can rebuild it. It's the one good thing about living on a little island only 3 miles of water but it puts them off plus there is a lot of CCTV at the ferry port

Hi John,

Sorry to read about your truck, even worse to hear what has happened to it.

Seems to be happening a lot at the moment, last September I had my 90 stolen as well, so I can relate.

Lets hope the damage has been exaggerated and its not to far gone...

One further reason for me to buy a mechlock

Will keep a look out for your wheels...

Regards

Grant

again,

really sorry to hear what happened, especially what they did to it. :angry:

although im surprised that they did not break it, or they could have been intending to before their little accident. but round where i live they tend to be burned after a joyride.

mikey

Really sorry about your motor, the sooner we get some substantial sentencing as a deterrent the better, this country is going to the dogs as a consequence of little sh*ts who have no respect for themselves let alone peoples property.

Sorry about that John.. This is how the animal in us (some of us though) is re-awakened!! Pouring some acid on the culprit... battering fingers .... I understand why it is so in some 3rd world countries!! Hope the mess wasn't much!!