East Anglia meet and Bures Winch Challenge

SteveG

A number of people have had to withdraw for various reasons and it seems like we picked a weekend at a busy time of the year.

I just want to have a roll call of who's coming and also views on whether we should move to a date later in the year?

What's your opinions??

Steve

:D Yes steve i am still coming and i presume that richard is but i haven't spoken to him recently.

Right i will start a list, might make it easier to see how many are coming. Not sure what the limit on numbers are for the challenge or what??

Competing in winch challenge

1. Jon W and Darth Dicky (1 Vehicle)

Other etc.

Very Dynamic of you Jon ;);)

to help it along :P

2. Mark and Orange

3. Bish

Just to remind everyone this is a fun event so it doesn't matter if it's one vehicle or a team of two and there will be no restrictions on winches. There will be some 'bling' given away to someone but determining how that's done will probably be agreed over a few beers. Chris, GBMUD, suggested a ScrapIron voucher :ph34r:

If enough people want to attend, Simonr will be attending too and have some of his latest and greatest products to view, touch, copy etc :lol:

Other etc.

As my brother rightly says, I will be there, along with my partner in crime Lemsip!!

Only trouble is that we've got no idea where the best place to camp will be?? :unsure: ?? Anyone else braving the April elements under canvas who could point us in the right direction or provide a some contact details??

Cheers guys

Adrian

So Far then (and a quick bump)

2. Mark and Orange

3. Bish

4. Rogue Vogue

5. Paul Wightman

6. simonr

Other etc.

Anyone else?

OK we will still go ahead with Bures on Sunday 9th April.

Chris Watts and I will be setting out 40 punches throughout the Bures site. The punches will be set out for various levels and experienced and non-experienced will be catered for. There will be plenty of people on hand to give advice/help out for anyone new to winch challenges.

Due to insurance the Winch Challenge will be non-competitive, but we will have punch cards and we will be counting up scores at the end of the day, so people will know how they have done.

Single vehicle or teams of two can enter. There will be no restriction on no. of winches, lockers etc.

People not taking part will be able to enjoy the rest of the site, just need to be mindful of those taking part.

Cost will be 20 pounds for the day. Event will start at 10am, finish at 4pm and those taking part in Winch Challenge will need to be there for 9.30am for briefing and to have punch cards attached.

Those confirmed..

Winch Challenge

Jon W and Darth Dicky (1 Vehicle)

Mark and Orange

BishBosh

RogueVogue

Paul Wightman

Simonr

Will Warne & Si White

Petergg x 4/5 names TBC

Still haven't heard from Exmoor Beast, Trodenmasses, Turbocharger, V8bertha, Jen, and Top90 who said they were coming on original post. Feel free to post here

If anyone else would like to attend please post here and send PM or e-mail with you name, reg no. e-mail and mobile.

Bures is a Bures is a 50 acre gravel pit, it has something for all levels, mud, water, hills and holes. It's approx 8 Miles north of Colchester off the B1508. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=...029456,0.093899

Grid Ref:TL89504 BNG33576

As for Green laning on saturday. I'm still happy to provide a road book for a days laning. Let me know if you want this.

For camping, people are welcome to camp here at my place. Let me know who wants this by PM and I'll provide directions and details.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

So who's doing the roadbook on saturday? Having stuck it all in the GPS it's about 100 miles and a good number of lanes :D

Steves idea of starting at Bishop Stortford Services (M11 Jnct 8) seems like a good plan, who's aiming to be there and when? It'll probably take us about 2 hours to get up there so looking for a start time of 10:30ish? What do those who're coming think?

Steve, are you doing the lanes too?

Richard

So who's doing the roadbook on saturday? Having stuck it all in the GPS it's about 100 miles and a good number of lanes :D

Steves idea of starting at Bishop Stortford Services (M11 Jnct 8) seems like a good plan, who's aiming to be there and when? It'll probably take us about 2 hours to get up there so looking for a start time of 10:30ish? What do those who're coming think?

Steve, are you doing the lanes too?

Richard

Yes Chris and I will be at site at 9am to lay out punches and then we plan on doing some lanes. We can look to meet up with you along the way.

Cheers

Steve

By the way

What does everyone want on saturday night?? BBQ and bring your own drink etc or down the local pub for food and a few beers??

Cheers

Steve

Is that the pub with the Abbot that we went to last time I was there? :) No contest then - the pub is weatherproof too. :)

Chris

Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!.....Pub!

Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale!

Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!......Hmmmm! Abbot Ale!

Graham - you read my mind!

I'll be coming up with the rest of the Horsham possie on Sat afternoon - so will miss the road book (sorry), but it does give me an extra day to weld broken bits on my Landy! See you in the pub!

Si

Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!.....Pub!

Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale! Hmmmm! Abbot Ale!

Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!Pub!......Hmmmm! Abbot Ale!