Compressor mounting ideas

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted mine (Viair) inside the driver side (LHD) seatbox, onto the wall facing the door, just beside the battery. (Td5 110 this is).

Had to move the battery just a tiny bit towards the center of the car, but I'm not sure that's necessary.

The compressor now breaths from a filter mounted in the roof just above my head, and fills a tank that's mounted in what was before the second row passenger footwell.

Could get some pics of the tank, but the compressor is hidden between the battery and the wall.

I've stuck mine on the front bulkhead, engine side between the wing & brake servo, not too noisy there!

I was going to connect the inlet pipe through the snorkel and run it up to the top but never got around to it, so it's just next to the coolant expansion tank for now. Never had a problem though.

post-13593-1249754011_thumb.jpg

I've since added an air reservoir tank, (an old water fire extinuisher) between the chassis rails above the rear propshaft with a separate take-off for tyre inflating or air tools etc.

post-13593-1249754454_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for all the idea's. i ended up mounting it between the seats on the bulkhead, like above. but f**k me its noisey, struggled all day sunday trying to hear co driver when it was running, plus the fact its leaking doesnt help.

So its going to have to go outside or in the engine bay.

Cheers for all the idea's. i ended up mounting it between the seats on the bulkhead, like above. but f**k me its noisey, struggled all day sunday trying to hear co driver when it was running, plus the fact its leaking doesnt help.

So its going to have to go outside or in the engine bay.

wear a helmet with coms kit - a good move if your competing anyway and easier on the codriver too plus you wont hear it as much!