HW Rd 5 - West Harptree

JST

Well another superb event for layout of punches from my point of view, well done to Neil, Carol and Andy and teams for all their hard work.

Hard work on the punches but i think we made the right decision not doing the one way punches 1-10 early, which meant no queues for the other 30 punches in the top part of the site. Some good use of the ground and an interesting way of marking out 'taped sections' that i believe caught some out.

Must remember to shout 'clear for winching' everytime we use the winch though, dont want any more of those penalties! is this a rule that could maybe be looked at for when you are in sections Neil?

Top hog roast courtesy of Jim (the driving God) and excellent to have prizes for driver and codriver - well thought out - just a shame hes not in any of the DVDS!!

As ever there were tonnes of people there taking pictures, if anyone has them can they post up on the AWDC website we hardly ever get to see any pictures of the truck in action.

Overall a good day, hard going on the legs - well i felt it when we went into the bottom section towards the end of the day, but then the front winch motor packed up - not bad as its a std Warn 8274-50 one thats been on there for a while - 18mths?

i am sure an adult will confirm results but

class 1

Rob and Jamie - Mitsi Mog

David brothers

Kev and Adrian?

class 2

Goodwinch/X-Eng

Dan and Paul

Treelads

Class 3

Treedad and Ian

?

?

Great weekend, shame about the rain on sunday setting out, but lovely today. Cheers for the hog roast Gigglepin, and thanks to you lot for the entertainment....

Top points must go to Glyn Yates for his frankly astounding aerial acrobatics in the bottom of the valley... a complete end over end at speed and landing with a grin.. Bloody scary at the time though!

Got lots of pics from my and the sisters camera, and I've got a load of video to edit together... Will post links as and when!

Results are now posted

HERE

Slight correction to the prizegiving order I'm afraid. Peter Jackson's key was returned late after he had retired and rather than hold up the prizegiving we went ahead with the results without his figures. Turns out that Peter had a cracking day and ended up 2nd in class 2. This means that Dan Elias and Paul Church were 3rd not 2nd and the Treelads were 4th not 3rd. A trophy swapping party will be in order at the next event. Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment, but as always we are keen to get you on the road to home without too much delay.

Well done to all who took part, the punch count was excellent as the ground dries out very rapidly at West Harptree and many of the punches on the top level became much more driveable.

Particularly well done to Bob Smith & Ian Mousdale for their 4th overall, shame my camera doesn't start up more quickly as I would have loved to have captured the look on Bob's face on a certain descent!!

Roll on (bad choice of phrase) Llanfyllin!!

cracking event for us! 1st in class 3! and 4th overall with 1 winch and no lockers is unbelievable! class 3 overall is hotting up no, so close to call yet. cant wait until the next event.

i know the decent your on about neil, that was mega close to rolly polly, not sure how it stayed upright, the one last fedima's on the floor must of been glued down in the mud.

Ian

Some very interesting scores in there............. I made a right error of judgement on SS2 following boasting about my skills pacing cable out for the last 32 years, just forgot I'd only a 100ft on the front winch and the 125 was on the back, opps....

Thanks for a fantastic weekend, thorougly enjoyed it, even though the truck wouldn't play on more than 4 cylinders

Few nights in the garage I think on the Megasquirt

Forgot to say I was very disappointed to see one truck drive in the "exit" of a roped section to get a punch in about 30 secs that would take 20mins for anyone doing it properly.

I thought that sort of behaviour was a thing of the past :( ?

brill day we got off to a great start but then slowed down just down to the wrong choice of punches, we did have a few probs and got caught up on a tree on one punch and also ss1 on gate 4 killed us

never mind good well done to Neil, Carol and gang good event and great result for Bob

What A weekend!

Was slightly worried walking the course on the saturday, I had enough of a challenge staying on my feet so i thought sunday was going to be a day full of 'upside dan' but to my pleasant surprised it wasn't me doing the rolls! Very good punches!, an eye openning experiance to find out what the car is capable of! the new arrangment of weight has worked well, and all those hours in the work shop have paid off. So chuffed to bits with the result (will swap trophys for first I mean third next month) Full credit has to go to Paul Church, True professional!

Also TOR4x4 supplied some parts which I wasn't carrying due to using them the weekend before, cheers Adrian. I always seem to break the same things! :rolleyes:

As always thanks to Neil and all the guys involved in setting up the weekend! Also to Jimbo from GP4x4 for sponsoring the event / spit pig roast.

Bring on North Wales! oh just get another 2 comps out the way first.

Well done to everyone for surviving the weekend.

Look forward to seeing all the pictures, of the very obscure angles we were driving at!

Dan

Forgot to say I was very disappointed to see one truck drive in the "exit" of a roped section to get a punch in about 30 secs that would take 20mins for anyone doing it properly.

I thought that sort of behaviour was a thing of the past :( ?

If you mean us! we did not see the NO ENTRY and was told in a very loud voice by Kev's good lady Julie we had gone the wrong way! :huh: but it was too late as we had already punch it!!! :rolleyes::lol: so told Neil at the end of the event to remove our punch score for punch 26!

I did like the way the site had been set out............ just not the bit in the woods!! :P that was bl**dy hard work, even trying to stand was bl**dy hard work! our game plan on saturady was not to even go in there till later if we had time :rolleyes:

Well done to Neil and all the Team that put in a load of hard work over the weekend :)

shame my camera doesn't start up more quickly as I would have loved to have captured the look on Bob's face on a certain descent!!

I know which one you mean, it is etched in my memory forever.

Fortunately we have been practicing that exact manouver so was well prepared, and if you believe that then I am better liar than I thought I was :rolleyes: .

Class & Overall Championship points tables now posted

HERE

It looks like Rob & Jamie have it in the bag but by my reckoning there is one team that could still beat them - it would be a very long shot though :blink: :blink:

Had a great weekend, the hog hoast was gorgouse and was a good to see every one arond the fire. Sunday went well for us. Sorry for holding John and Carl up on one of the punches when our motor stared boiling. Steve sorted the problem of a bad earth for the fan and then we went on to have an enjoyable afternoon. I'm really happy with coming 6th on ss1 but not so happy with slipping over in the poo run. Looking forward to round 6.

Chris.

Class & Overall Championship points tables now posted

HERE

It looks like Rob & Jamie have it in the bag but by my reckoning there is one team that could still beat them - it would be a very long shot though :blink: :blink:

Neil are the overall class positions (end of season) done on the final class scores or the final overall scores (if the latter taking the highest placed classes?)

Neil are the overall class positions (end of season) done on the final class scores or the final overall scores (if the latter taking the highest placed classes?)

:blink: :blink:

The final class positions at the end of the year will be based on the Class Points, with the Overall Winner of the series removed.

So looks like you might want to start getting measured for a Tux :P :P

Do they do child sizes? :huh:

We had a great day, really enjoyed it. West Harptree lends itself perfectly to the kind of tight technical stuff we enjoy, James had to work really hard which is good because it saves him having to go for a run when he gets home. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all as usual but thanks to Jim for the fine Leatherman we both got, spot on prize!

:blink: :blink:

The final class positions at the end of the year will be based on the Class Points, with the Overall Winner of the series removed.

still lots of rounds to go and we havent lost a front axle yet......