I like my job..............

Phantom

that front number plate won't last long, would be much safer & more easily read if it was above the winch rollers on 2 uprights in front of the winch drum. otherwise a good looking 90.

Chap who owns it will never go near the muddy stuff, the number plates quite safe!

( And thanks for the complement! )

Lee

So the winch is just for posing then?

Nicely turned out motor though!

Yes, the winch is just for looks. I guess the chap I've done the work for is 'image conscious!' But... you never know, I might one day be able to persuade him to come playing. But then, if he scratched it I’d don’t know who would be more upset!

If it's only for show then it won't really matter then Steve. There can't be much off roading on the Isle of Wight anyway?

That 90 does look nice though.

Just wiring up the winch today, took the picture last night as I was finnishing up for the day. The 90's being collected by the customer this afternoon, so after remotes and contactors, I'd best get polishing! There's a bit of offroading over here, a few greenlanes, one 'club' ( now theres a story.... ) and if I'm not tinkering with 4x4's at my unit I run a offroading school / corp entertainment site. Beat's being an estate agent!! :rolleyes:

How much did that job cost then? :ph34r:

I had a initial budget of 2.5, then we found extensive corrosion in the bulkhead foot wells, also only replaced old for new ( fittings / lights / etc ) and then the customer requested a winch / bumper and Warn wireless system,mud console and new CD player, spare wheel carrier and larger tyres - so the 2.5 didn’t last for long!

post-951-125018553988_thumb.jpg

post-951-125018573325_thumb.jpg

So the winch is just for posing then?

Nicely turned out motor though!

Im sure you post was not meant to suggest that road going land rovers are not real in some way?

I am on the lookout for a front winch, but it is to aid loading of dead land rovers on to a flatbed trailer as opposed to getting stuck then getting myself winched out.

My 110 is an on road tow vehicle and I keep it purely for this purpose, it wont be going off road very often, but doesnt mean to say its a posing pouch truck.

rant over ...

Nice 90 Mr Phantom BTW

• 2 weeks later...